22 BS thread

CSG

Explorer
Well, dammit, I was in Sportsman's Warehouse today and came across a Talo Distributors 10/22 takedown model. This came with an OD Magpul Backpacker stock, a total of 4 10x Ruger mags (three stowed in the stock and one more in the receiver), hi-vis sights, and a 16ish" threaded barrel. I paid about $410 for it and needed it like a hole in the head but hey, very, very cool truck gun.

This image is from Bud's Gunshop where they carry it with black furniture, mine is OD Green.

415000253_1.jpg

OutdoorAZ

Well, dammit, I was in Sportsman's Warehouse today and came across a Talo Distributors 10/22 takedown model. This came with an OD Magpul Backpacker stock, a total of 4 10x Ruger mags (three stowed in the stock and one more in the receiver), hi-vis sights, and a 16ish" threaded barrel. I paid about $410 for it and needed it like a hole in the head but hey, very, very cool truck gun.

This image is from Bud's Gunshop where they carry it with black furniture, mine is OD Green.

415000253_1.jpg

I want one of those but I'm having too much fun with my bolt gun and dont want to spend the $ right now

jzzr83

I feel like this place could use a thread dedicated to 22's (and whatever goes out with your 22's!).

I recently got picked up a Savage MKII FV-SR, tons of fun and much cheaper to shoot than anything else I may own. I'm still trying out different brands and "models" of ammo right now to figure out what it likes. Going to be a paper puncher unless I decide to try for small game.

I have been looking at upgrading my MKII stock as the one I have is the cheapest one that can be made. Was yours from the factory or did you upgrade it aftermarket? The scope is a Nikon p22 and a Griffin Checkmate QD suppressor.

I also have a S&W MP15-22 with a Vortex Sparc, S&W Victory and a basic Henry lever. The kids have a Savage Cricket.

Attachments

• savage 22.jpg
    savage 22.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

VanWaLife

I'm very fond of my Ruger Mark III Target. Wouldn't mind finding a chest rig for it in case I ever figure out where to go for rabbits.
IMG_2064.JPGIMG_2063.JPG

OutdoorAZ

I have been looking at upgrading my MKII stock as the one I have is the cheapest one that can be made. Was yours from the factory or did you upgrade it aftermarket? The scope is a Nikon p22 and a Griffin Checkmate QD suppressor.

I also have a S&W MP15-22 with a Vortex Sparc, S&W Victory and a basic Henry lever. The kids have a Savage Cricket.

I bought the rifle used but it is an aftermarket stock. Pretty sure it is a Boyds stock. Great feel to it and it looks really nice.

sourdoughben

I have owned a bunch of .22's in my time. A Browning Medalist was one. A Remington P-41 and a slew of Winchesters, favorite being a MDL. 74, just liked the way it loaded in the butt stock. Rugger 10/22 rifle and mk. IV pistol are still under the bed. Wish a brick of .22 shells was still $10 and I still had all the guns I've ever had, LOL.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Got an older 10/22 and a SBI magazine adapter as the BX 15,25,50 are all prohibited up here in Canadaland due to our gun laws being made up as they go along,and facts not mattering. This shows the mag adapter in use with Remington 597 mags, how it looks and works vs a standard rotary magazine
PT1
PT2

Last edited:

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
What is the general consensus for most accurate and trouble free .22 round?
My personal is CCI STD for plinking.
What do y'all think is most accurate in hollow point? If there is such a thing.

I’m not sure why, but I recently bought a Henry AR 7 to drag around on my travels. It must have been the non-shiny object fascination.

Cabelas had them on sale for $249.

SBSYNCRO

What is the general consensus for most accurate and trouble free .22 round?
My personal is CCI STD for plinking.
What do y'all think is most accurate in hollow point? If there is such a thing.

Depends entirely on what your gun likes. A few years ago I bought a CZ455 American. I then literally spent more than the gun on different 22 rounds (everything from Uber expensive match grade stuff to el cheapo Aguila). Then I spent a few weeks breaking in the barrel and cycling all the various ammo. Some of the differences were quite remarkable and the most expensive stuff did NOT produce the best results.

Surprisingly I found the Federal Auto Match (black and white box) to be one of the best performers and 1/2 the price of the only slightly better RWS Match stuff. The Aguila Super Extra standard Velocity is also a very good performer In that gun.

But I have a 10/22 SS Hunter that doesn’t shoot the Federal well and prefers CCI mini mags... ya never know till you try a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Nice, I have forever purchased cheap, bricks of mostly Remington, however I find they're pretty dirty and high percentage of misfires.
Seems CCI STD are most trouble free and accurate so far, expensive does not mean good.
I'll try some of your recommendations.
Thank you

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Well with Canadian P.M. doing an OIC to ban anything black and declaring its an AR 15 variant including 12g bolt action shot guns, I've decided I need a new rifle. I picked up a RUGER PRECISION RIMFIRE in .22 lr. More facts as they develop !

escadventure

Adventurer
Well with Canadian P.M. doing an OIC to ban anything black and declaring its an AR 15 variant including 12g bolt action shot guns, I've decided I need a new rifle. I picked up a RUGER PRECISION RIMFIRE in .22 lr. More facts as they develop !

That's a great rifle. If you haven't noticed yet - most of them are a bit finicky about ammo and they like 40 grain ammo. You might notice a significant improvement if you're not using it already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne