2022 RAM 5500 Composite "Super Camper"

StenchRV

Excellent!

Yes, that is my plan as well, shower gray tank drivers side exterior disguised as a storage box.

I am really trying to figure out how to route my shower, sink, and pee from compositing toilet into one gray tank but its been quite challenging. havent given up yet! :)

I decided to give the sink its own grey tank, for ease. Kitchen on the passenger side. 30 gallon, pretty slim and I will route its own drain to the drivers side with a simple 12V valve and hose bib. I thought about a smaller tank with the overflow going to the shower tank but decided against it.
Hopefully my KISS theory will work! And not be a PITA.

We are doing the "urine diverter" :) also. I ordered an additional urine bottle from Airhead, smaller one not pressure tested (cheaper) and I am going to use it to hide my diverter parts. It will all be easily removable and serviceable. My plan was to machine a few parts on the lathe and mill and make it functional and pretty. The cobbled together jobs I have seen do not make me happy. MAYBE I have not seen a really good example yet...HURRY UP would ya! :)

Cheers!

highwest

Thank you for the information and the kind words.

I think we are going the dual tank, 50 gallons each, route. No baffles, 3/8" walls.
Ronco, makes one (two) that will work really well, not perfect, but will work with no major issues.
LONG trips planned so the ability to carry 100 gallons will be GREAT.

Kitchen grey tank is easy, very short under the entire kitchen cabinet, 8" tall, 60" long and 20" wide.
The grey tank under the shower will be the fun one. I am thinking drivers side rear exterior, disguised as a storage box.

ONWARD! CHEERS!

Craig

I believe Plastic Mart works with Ronco to make tanks with custom fittings, does that help your situation at all?

StenchRV

A little progress. Solar panels arrived. Time to make some mounts and order some 3M 5200, and primer. I was debating using 3M VHP tape. I have had really good luck with it mounting solar panels, but decided to go the 5200 route as I will be using it inside the camper anyway to mount the L brackets for the 8020. We will probably move the AC more to the center of the roof and mount a solar panel behind it. Worked out perfect with the lighting wiring, as designed. Rear wardrobe came out exactly as planned, it is close to the screen for the door but everything fits like it should. A game of inches :), or less sometimes. We will not be doing the hatch as pictured, just too close to the L couch. Maybe a smaller one or none at all.
Cabinets will be above both large windows.

Cheers
IMG_5730.jpeg

IMG_5732 2.jpeg

IMG_5733 2.jpeg

StenchRV

I believe Plastic Mart works with Ronco to make tanks with custom fittings, does that help your situation at all?

They do, but right now the added wait times are a bit CRAZY. 45 days!
I asked both Plastic Mart and Tank Mart about custom fittings and shipping yesterday.
Shipping anything large today is STUPID expensive. I WISH it was as easy as filling out a form, paying a little extra and done.

We plan on ordering the tanks blank and I will spin weld the fittings I need onto the tank. The spin weld drivers are EXPENSIVE. I plan on machining them myself and already have the router needed to do the spin welding.

THANKS!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
They do, but right now the added wait times are a bit CRAZY. 45 days!
I asked both Plastic Mart and Tank Mart about custom fittings and shipping yesterday.
Shipping anything large today is STUPID expensive. I WISH it was as easy as filling out a form, paying a little extra and done.

We plan on ordering the tanks blank and I will spin weld the fittings I need onto the tank. The spin weld drivers are EXPENSIVE. I plan on machining them myself and already have the router needed to do the spin welding.

THANKS!

Here is how we recommend to mount solar panels.

Attachments

• Total Composites Solar Panel Install Guide.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

StenchRV

Here is how we recommend to mount solar panels.

I am waiting for a shipment of the Korapop from Quade for window installation.
ETA 4 weeks.

I can always use the mounts shown in the TC file. I am an aircraft guy so I like working with aluminum.... LOL !

Is the 3M 5200 not advised at all?

Thank you Sir.

Last edited:

Victorian

I am waiting for a shipment of the Korapop from Quade for window installation.
ETA 4 weeks.

I can always use the mounts shown in the TC file. I am an aircraft guy so I like working with aluminum.... LOL !

Is the 3M 5200 not advised at all?

Thank you Sir.

We have only done testing and can offer warranty with our adhesive. That stuff is just amazing! Seriously! I'm sure there are others that would work as well, just don't know. Main thing to watch out for: Tensile strength, UV stable, compatible with the materials you need to glue together.
FYI: some glue manufacturers claim to have primers already build in. (especially important when you glue metals) From experience, I can tell you that those claims are a hit and miss! Surface prep is key!!!!

StenchRV

We have only done testing and can offer warranty with our adhesive. That stuff is just amazing! Seriously! I'm sure there are others that would work as well, just don't know. Main thing to watch out for: Tensile strength, UV stable, compatible with the materials you need to glue together.
FYI: some glue manufacturers claim to have primers already build in. (especially important when you glue metals) From experience, I can tell you that those claims are a hit and miss! Surface prep is key!!!!

Thank you! I just looked at the mounts on Amazon. Not much more than aluminum these days.
Is there any estimate for the Korapop to be back in stock. Quade told me 6 weeks when we left OAT 2 weeks ago.

Victorian

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
@StenchRV maybe @Victorian can chime in on how long the Korapop is good for in an unopened tube

I have some extras in my garage that have been sitting there about a year or a little more.

I personally know the frustration of running out of the glue, so if he says they are still fine after sitting that long, lemme know and i can send some your way ASAP so progress can continue

K

Victorian

@StenchRV maybe @Victorian can chime in on how long the Korapop is good for in an unopened tube

I have some extras in my garage that have been sitting there about a year or a little more.

I personally know the frustration of running out of the glue, so if he says they are still fine after sitting that long, lemme know and i can send some your way ASAP so progress can continue

K

there should be a date stamped on the sausages. Even if past that, as long as the glue has been stored cool and it still feels soft, it can be used for NON STRUCTURAL details like weather proofing or fastening small items.

CalgaryMcLean

One thing to consider with the 8020 pieces running horizontally across the roof:
when there is a large temperature difference between the outside and inside, the roof panel will bow downwards.

I don't know if it is better to let it flex or better to resist the bowing.
The cabinet you are building looks close to a wall so maybe the effect will be less dramatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior