2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

ramblinChet

Will you be able to accommodate a like-sized spare?

AEV is producing a swing-away tire module that will integrate with their rear bumper and will handle 41" tires. I am the first in line.

Until then I gamble and maybe limp out using the 33" spare. Eventually I am planning to install a 30 gallon tank where the existing spare is once that space becomes available.

ramblinChet

Purchased the AEV full size recovery gear package ($675) for my AEV/FWC RAM 3500.

It includes:
  • 4” kinetic recovery strap
  • 4” winch extension strap
  • tree strap
  • snatch block
  • two 1” anchor shackles
  • tire deflator
  • gloves
  • premium recovery bag
hd-recovery-gear-hd-trail-3.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Purchased the AEV full size recovery gear package ($675) for my AEV/FWC RAM 3500.

It includes:
  • 4” kinetic recovery strap
  • 4” winch extension strap
  • tree strap
  • snatch block
  • two 1” anchor shackles
  • tire deflator
  • gloves
  • premium recovery bag
View attachment 676260

Nice kit but what a markup.

The truck turned out great @ramblinChet , I can't wait to see pics/video of it in the wild doing what it was built to do.

ramblinChet

Nice kit but what a markup.

Hmmm...I am confused since the Warn Heavy-Duty Epic Recovery Kit costs around 10% less but did not have the same list of components. I considered purchasing the Warn kit but it had the wrong sized shackles also and the quality didn't seem to be on par with AEV. For everything contained the AEV kit seems like a fair deal to me.

When AEV rebrands every product, it will definitely cost more.

Please share the list of original components with me - I am curious to see how much AEV marked them up...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I wouldn't buy the Warn kit either, I prefer to pick and choose each individual item instead. I've put together a kit consisting of Warn, ARB, Crosby and Factor55 gear for far less. Granted it has been a few years back now, but it was well under $500.

ramblinChet

Today I decided to place my order for my onboard air system. The ExtremeAire Magnum compressor and several accessories were included in my order.

10.jpg

Specifications
20.jpg

It comes with a 7' heat dissipation hose
30.jpg

High temperature check valve
40.jpg

145 psi pressure switch
50.jpg

12 Vdc 100 amp relay
60.jpg

12 Vdc electronic blow-off valve