2020 Ford Transit AWD

sg1

Adventurer
I'm looking for rims and AT tires. Do you guys know anything about the max size while maintaining the 119 load rating? The factory tires are all season and should work fine on a delivery van but for upcoming tradeshows I need something more impressive.
Also, I'm looking for a trailer hitch but not sure if the panel van shares the same mounting points as the cab chassis. Any insight on that?

Thanks
Based on my research the 245/75R16 are the best compromise. They com with 120 load rating. For possible tire sizes look here https://vancompass.com/products/van...3500-single-rear-wheel?variant=13607221264480
All larger tires seem to require more or less trimming of the front fender. Apparently nobody has found a way to adjust the odometer to larger tires.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Based on my research the 245/75R16 are the best compromise. They com with 120 load rating. For possible tire sizes look here https://vancompass.com/products/van...3500-single-rear-wheel?variant=13607221264480
All larger tires seem to require more or less trimming of the front fender. Apparently nobody has found a way to adjust the odometer to larger tires.

I checked with Quigley. They can only do the 4x4 conversion on stock transits. I guess I need to wait till after the conversion and then upgrade. Btw, lift kits or bigger tires will apparently void all warranty. Cheers.

sg1

Adventurer
Lifts kids certainly void the warranty and I wouldn´t do them anyway. They do not increase ground clearance under the differential and they change the suspension geometry and center of gravity and not for the better. For bigger tires I would check with Ford.

Victorian

Lifts kids certainly void the warranty and I wouldn´t do them anyway. They do not increase ground clearance under the differential and they change the suspension geometry and center of gravity and not for the better. For bigger tires I would check with Ford.

I was thinking about a lift to make room for bigger wheels. The rear differencial and shock mounts are a bit too low for my taste. Other then that I'm a firm believer of leaving vehicles stock. My expirience is that shops refuse to work on trucks that are not stock. Our last vehicle came stock with 15" wheels. It was not possible for me to find load rated tires in that size. They simply stopped selling them in North America. I HAD to upgrade to 16" orginal Mercedes rims. I had to drop off the rims at a shop to install tires and needed to mount them on the truck myself as non of the shop wanted to do it! The answer I got was: It's not stock and illegal, therefore they wont touch it.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Vancompass has a lift which doesn't change the front suspension geometry for the 2WD. I believe they have plans to adapt it to the AWD if possible. Essentially it drops the subframe down using a number of spacers. The only impact on handling is the higher COG. With a conservative build out, a 2" lift will still be within the COG limits the vehicle was designed for.

sg1

Adventurer
Vancompass has a lift which doesn't change the front suspension geometry for the 2WD. I believe they have plans to adapt it to the AWD if possible. Essentially it drops the subframe down using a number of spacers. The only impact on handling is the higher COG. With a conservative build out, a 2" lift will still be within the COG limits the vehicle was designed for.
Isn't Quigley lifting as part of the conversion? The Quigley I saw were all higher.

Victorian

I was afraid this would happen... Happy I got a 2019. Still a nail biter to get it all done for Expo West!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94