2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackW

Explorer
The second picture is one I grabbed off of a ride report from advrider - it was taken somewhere in Nevada.

soflorovers

In case anyone cares the NA Defender Order Guide is now out, not sure if the books are actually open yet for the US or not. Per Umbertob LR Pasadena is asking 20k over MSRP to even take an order and LR Encino is asking 30k over MSRP.

I like the last line of the intro:

View attachment 540833

And they even mention Jeep:
View attachment 540834

For what it's worth, this is on a dealer-by-dealer basis. I'm sure there will be dealers offering these at a discount within a handful of months. Dealers were charging 30k+ over MSRP when the L405 launched, but then a year later LR was doing partners programs where you could lease one for $900 a month if you were an employee because dealer lots were flooded. Find yourself a dealer that recognizes the importance of customer satisfaction and I'm sure you'll be alright. If you're willing to wait a month or two after launch, this shouldn't be a problem. However, if you're the sort of person that NEEDS to have the first one, then yeah...pay a premium. Supply and demand. My local dealers here in South Florida will probably charge over MSRP for the first few units, but after that it should be an MSRP or under vehicle.

DieselRanger

Per Umbertob LR Pasadena is asking 20k over MSRP to even take an order and LR Encino is asking 30k over MSRP.

Well, tell @umbertob Red Noland Jaguar Land Rover Colorado Springs is taking a simple deposit, and when they open the books you take your place in line. And then they credit your deposit toward the purchase price of the vehicle. Which is MSR minus any offered loyalty or conquest programs.

That there are people in SoCal who need to brag that they paid way too much for their vehicle to be one of the first to never take it off-road in their neighborhoods should come as no surprise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

soflorovers

Bwahahahahaha.

Funniest thing I have read all week.

Clearly you have never been on anything approaching a difficult trail. It will handle moderate trails at it best and that is as good as it will get.

I have a double locked LR3 on 35's (and it can fit 37's). Tell me, what makes you think that a new Defender won't be able to stuff the same sort of tire with the same minimal modifications and perform just as well, if not better than my LR3? I just got the vehicle a couple of days ago so I can't speak firsthand towards the vehicle's capabilities, but the previous owner thoroughly used it on PLENTY of difficult trails. My previous LR3 was a mild build on 33's and was infinitely more capable than a stock NAS D90.

1569334700645.png

Blaise

Ok let’s say it’s capable, u can’t deny it’s absolutely fragile.
do you think any military will choose this as there new vehicle of choice? zero chance.
That means it’s not something you cant depend on.

Holy ... wow.

I cannot tell if you're just trolling or completely daft. Do you have any understanding of how the military chooses vehicles? Because I do and have worked in defense procurement. The Defender would not and never was designed or intended for military production. NOR IS THE WRANGLER OR 4RUNNER OR ANY OF THESE OTHER VEHICLES THAT WE ARE DISCUSSING. The days of their being any overlap between a military and civilian truck are long over - and thankfully so. You really only would trust a vehicle if the military chose it? hahahahahahahhahahaha

Haha I actually don’t do extreme trails, never been on rubicon,

...........so a Defender will work just fine for you. I've asked how many times how for an example of a road which a modern rover isn't capable of handling in the US. The Rubicon was the ONLY example and 99.99% of wrangler rubicon owners won't even touch that.

We get it, you don't like the Defender. So go ahead just drive your H1 everywhere. The rest of us will stick to vehicles which are far better suited for 4x4 travel.

soflorovers

Holy ... wow.

I cannot tell if you're just trolling or completely daft. Do you have any understanding of how the military chooses vehicles? Because I do and have worked in defense procurement. The Defender would not and never was designed or intended for military production. NOR IS THE WRANGLER OR 4RUNNER OR ANY OF THESE OTHER VEHICLES THAT WE ARE DISCUSSING. The days of their being any overlap between a military and civilian truck are long over - and thankfully so. You really only would trust a vehicle if the military chose it? hahahahahahahhahahaha

...........so a Defender will work just fine for you. I've asked how many times how for an example of a road which a modern rover isn't capable of handling in the US. The Rubicon was the ONLY example and 99.99% of wrangler rubicon owners won't even touch that.

We get it, you don't like the Defender. So go ahead just drive your H1 everywhere. The rest of us will stick to vehicles which are far better suited for 4x4 travel.
I'm pretty sure someone on here took an LR3 through the Rubicon

EDIT: Wanted to address the second part of your comment. I agree with you, none of these vehicles in civilian spec can be used for military production...however, some of them have been extensively modified and used in the past. The JK Wrangler was exported to Egypt as a military vehicle, and the older Defender served military duty. Most of the military defenders required extensive overhauling of the frame and suspension components. Early D110's had to get modified under the Tithonus program, the D90 WOLFs didn't come around until the early 90's (heavily uprated) and the D110 Snatch vehicles are barely defenders anymore considering the amount of modifications done to them. Could a new Defender be extensively reworked to fit a military program? I guess, but there are far superior vehicles that have been designed from the ground up to fit these needs. OP's comment regarding military choice of a vehicle is misguided at best - the aforementioned vehicles share very little with their military counterparts, just like the H1 v. Humvee.

Last edited:

BarryO

Land rover of Pasadena and Land Rover encino cater 99.9% of mall crawlers and I am sure in that area ppl don’t have issues paying 30k over MSRP to be the first,
I think Umberto is the only person I know who would buy and bring it to Death Valley right off the dealer floor.

It’s just ridiculous that Land Rover even allows them to do that.
and this is very sad because that tells us they don’t care.
MSRP = Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. Dealers can charge whatever they want.

REDROVER

Explorer
Let me enlighten you how military chooses a vehicle,
Category 1 durability, capability,
Category 2 Multipurpose platform and adaptation,
Category 3 fuel economy, dimensions and payload
Category 4 survivability, field repair and parts.

now you tell me what you know that we don’t ?
older defender met at least 70% of this category, your new defender won’t meet 3% of that.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
This is the new 2020 Nissan Patrol. Yes, Patrol. As in this Nissan Patrol. Just as a reference...so I think it could have been way worst...

:)

nissan-patrol-1980-nissan-patrol-lg-61-for-sale-1777400-hemmings-motor-news-bleu_4813471980.jpg

wr2ebpb0aeahnrqfscqx.jpg

cqqly5hlzocf2pth8vxl.jpg

From Nissan’s press release:
"The Patrol is one of our longest-standing and most cherished models, with a long and proud heritage,” said Joni Paiva, regional vice president of the Africa, Middle East and India region at Nissan. The new Nissan Patrol represents the peak of luxury and ultimate capability and will continue to provide authentic experiences to its loyal customers in the Middle East and around the world.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior