2019 Ram 2500 or 2020 Ford F-250???

D

Deleted member 9101

I kind of wish the 6.2 was still available in the F150. Too bad they discontinued it.

It was only a good option when compared to the old 5.4. For a 1/2 ton truck it's not ideal and takes away from the payload rating since it's a cast iron brick....lol.

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh really? Huh. First I've heard of that.

Yep. My guess is it will be an oversized LS and use lots of off the shelf parts... Which is disappointing. The 7.3 is a fresh design and built specifically to be worked hard in a heavy truck with minimal maintenance. The engineering behind it is pretty impressive.

RAM makes some nice trucks, and their after market is stronger.

I have a f150 now, and I love it. It's hard for me personally to jump ship from Ford due to my positive experience with my current truck.

As I said before. If it wasn't for the fact I feel like I need the crewcab, I'd keep my current truck. My real battle is 1/2 ton vs superduty. I won't derail the thread. Lol. If you want AEV/Powerwagon/PCOR go RAM. If you want the new 10spd trans/7.3/Tremor go Ford.

Both look great. Both have sweet interiors. Both are extremely capable. Both will make amazing adventure trucks. You cannot go wrong.

Me? Again I am voting Ford. For mostly personal reasons. I couldn't justify one over the other due to strickly mechanical terms.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
RAM makes some nice trucks, and their after market is stronger.

I have a f150 now, and I love it. It's hard for me personally to jump ship from Ford due to my positive experience with my current truck.

As I said before. If it wasn't for the fact I feel like I need the crewcab, I'd keep my current truck. My real battle is 1/2 ton vs superduty. I won't derail the thread. Lol. If you want AEV/Powerwagon/PCOR go RAM. If you want the new 10spd trans/7.3/Tremor go Ford.

Both look great. Both have sweet interiors. Both are extremely capable. Both will make amazing adventure trucks. You cannot go wrong.

Me? Again I am voting Ford. For mostly personal reasons. I couldn't justify one over the other due to strickly mechanical terms.

I agree, it's a wash when you get down to it. I lean slightly towards Ford but I could just as easily find myself in a RAM, still love the PW.

Cackalak Han

Explorer
You’ve seen the interior of the 2019 Ram, right? It’s by far the nicest of the three.

Maybe that’s true in the upper trims? The lower trim models, I thought it was the worst. Steering wheel buttons felt super cheap. Rear seats don’t fold 60/40. Console felt cheaper. Still good overall for what it was but I definitely thought Ford and Toyota were way better (didn’t check out GM).

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I think the high trim RAM (Laramie Longhorn and Limited) with the 12" screen is currently the top dog of the big three in regards to interiors. Who knows what the facelift 2020 Ford will look like here next month, but the current 2019's are no slouch, they are just a little long in the tooth at three years old. I do recall hearing that Ford isn't changing the infotainment screen up on the 2020 so that will be disappointing to those that care about that kind of thing. Chevrolet/GMC isn't even relevant in this conversation, their buttons and textures feel more like you're playing with a toddlers Mattel toy when compared to Ford and RAM.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I know looks are a personal opinion but Fords look better than Ram or GM to me.

On the exterior I 100% agree. I am not super keen on the 2020 facelift for the front end though, IMHO it looks like they made the front look more like the current F-150 and I am not cool with that.

Dalko43

Explorer
We're excited because it brings back the big block days. Torque down low where you want it. Not a screaming small block.

That gets old while driving with a loaded truck, which I presume most on this board will do, or want to.

Are the torque and HP RPM stats even out yet? Does anyone know how the torque curve will look like?

I'm sure it will be a decent engine, but from the way some people are getting excited about it, you'd think that Ford did something that's never been done before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles