2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
That's cool but I run an iPhone.

And I have the factory aux switches...haha.

I admit, the sPod system is pretty awesome. All I can do with my factory switches is go on/off.

Kingsize24

They make one app for IPhone too. LOL.

I also have the AUX switches, but will be using this sPod for all the lighting controls. All else will be on the AUX switches and/or be controlled with the upfitter options and upfitter wiring I ordered this truck with.

That's cool but I run an iPhone.

And I have the factory aux switches...haha.

I admit, the sPod system is pretty awesome. All I can do with my factory switches is go on/off.

Kingsize24

How was the spod to install? Looks like a clean install.

Thanks! Very easy. They provide a template to use that allows you to drill into the top of the plastic fuse cover for mounting. Once that is done, you only run one data link wire into the cab, then connect ground and power to the battery. All in all it took an honest 45 minutes. Making the wiring harnesses for my lights and making those connections is what took all the time. You would have to do that anyway. I simply like only having to run the accessories to under the hood, with one wire into the cab.

20180809_160856.jpg20171003_142640.jpg

Kingsize24

There is no mount for it, it comes with the template to drill the holes to mount the pod under your hood, along with universal hardware. I just chose the fuse box location sence it made the most sense. The RAM balls and arms I ordered myself especially to mount it the way I wanted on the interior tray. If you want the part numbers for the RAM mounts I can look them up in my order form. I ordered the Universal Touchscreen SE. This one... https://www.4x4spod.com/universal_8_circuit_source_se_w_touchscreen

What mount did you order? Did you order the 8 or 6 switch model?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
They make one app for IPhone too. LOL.

I also have the AUX switches, but will be using this sPod for all the lighting controls. All else will be on the AUX switches and/or be controlled with the upfitter options and upfitter wiring I ordered this truck with.

Dammit! only works on newer trucks.

Austo

Observer
Great build! I'm interested on where you are mounting your ARB compressor. I'm having the same debate....

neduro

Looking to hopefully leverage the collective mind power of the people of the interwebz. I'm semi stuck. I would like to find a pigtail with the two pin connector like the one shown in the first pic. I plugs into the factory license plate lamp plug on my truck, (pic two). EXP One in all their wisdom sent me a couple LED lamps that fit in the holes provided in the bumper, (pics three and four), yet do not provide a way for you to plug it in. I would prefer not to cut OE wiring if at all possible, yet I simply can not find this two pin socket. Any help provided would be very much appreciated!

I have the same question, have the harness peeled back to cut those very wires tomorrow.

Wish there was a way around it, but I put some energy into finding the connector without success.

Kingsize24

I'm not cutting until I have exhausted all avenues. I found a wiring harness for the LED bed lights that also include that connector, but that would be one hell of an expensive way to get a connector. I'm sure it is out there, jjst have nout found it yet. It is VERY similar to a Deutsch two pin connector however.

I have the same question, have the harness peeled back to cut those very wires tomorrow.

Wish there was a way around it, but I put some energy into finding the connector without success.

Kingsize24

It is really hard to decide. I am thinking of buying a universal M.O.R.E. bracket and making a custom one on top of the passenger battery, but still not 100% sure yet.

Great build! I'm interested on where you are mounting your ARB compressor. I'm having the same debate....

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I'm not cutting until I have exhausted all avenues. I found a wiring harness for the LED bed lights that also include that connector, but that would be one hell of an expensive way to get a connector. I'm sure it is out there, jjst have nout found it yet. It is VERY similar to a Deutsch two pin connector however.

Have you browsed the Mouser catalog? Is there a part# on the connector to cross reference? I know a guy who is pretty skilled at finding OEM plugs and harnesses.

Kingsize24

No I have not, but will now. I have not found a number, but let me look again tomorrow and I will make 100% sure that is an accurate statement. If he may know, I would be GREATLY appreciative. Thank you!

Jason

Have you browsed the Mouser catalog? Is there a part# on the connector to cross reference? I know a guy who is pretty skilled at finding OEM plugs and harnesses.

Kingsize24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior