2011 nissan frontier pro4x mild expedition build

Mo4130

Adventurer
I am sorry in my haste I didn't fully read the question, I'm not sure if it increases wheel travel as the length of both the oem and ome were the same.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Hmm. Might not have more travel then....does that matter though? Is travel an issue for these trucks?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mo4130

Adventurer
For using it for what I do I have never run into an issue of amount if travel. If you are into screwing across the dessert at Mach 10 then different story.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Went for a little exploration.

I had some time the other day so I decided to head up to the mountains and do a little exploration. I had a couple of hours to kill so I filled up and headed down the quilcene to just drive into the mountains and see what I could find. I ended up finding some nice trails and had a pretty good time, it was nice to just get out by myself a little while. The only thing that really pissed me off was all the trash that these A holes just drop and leave. The truck drove great, and all I need to do is get an alignment and I should be good to go. If anyone is in the Port Angeles/Port towsend area, hit me up, I am always game to head up into the montains for hours.

449.jpg
450.jpg
455.jpg
457.jpg
459.jpg
461.jpg
462.jpg
464.jpg
465.jpg
466.jpg

Last edited:

Mo4130

Adventurer
I am using Ihike, which for what I use it for, its pretty perfect. The only big downfall I have seen so far is the need to down load maps of every area you plan on driving in. The maps only cover what a NSFS or USGS map would cover, but then again that is its blessing, you can download ONLY what you need, so it keeps file sizes minimal. I am using an old I pad2 and I never had an issue with is being slow to stitch maps together.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I am using Ihike, which for what I use it for, its pretty perfect. The only big downfall I have seen so far is the need to down load maps of every area you plan on driving in. The maps only cover what a NSFS or USGS map would cover, but then again that is its blessing, you can download ONLY what you need, so it keeps file sizes minimal. I am using an old I pad2 and I never had an issue with is being slow to stitch maps together.

Does your ipad have 3/4G or do you have an external receiver?

Mo4130

Adventurer
Morton it is the 3G.

And I have 0 issues with the engine. I also learned my lesson my last vehicle and I'm not gonna mess with the engine. And I am not going to do anything else to the truck aside from my awning.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Looks like fun! Well, minus the trash :(

Good to hear about the app, I have the iPhone 5s and hopefully that will transfer over. I have the Lifeproof case and windshield mount, so mapping is handy.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Update!

Not that the stock light configuration was terrible I just needed a little more. I ordered up the rigid dually flood from amazon and wired them up. image.jpg

I wired he switch up where the factor clutch cancel start button would go. Which worked out well because there was a threw bulkhead plug right above the brake pedal.
image.jpg

I'll take some better pics of it later.
I wrapped up he wire in split tubing made sure it was touching anything and fired her up. I will take pics of the light output at night and post them up. Being he floods they have half the distance as the spots but they supplement my stock lights very well. And where as I am not tearing *** down mountain roads I am fine with that.

AggroCrag

Meat Popsicle
mo4130,
do you feel that the HD fronts give you enough lift for the ARB and winch? I have an '11 pro-4x as well, and I cannot decide if I want to get the full OME kit, because as you have stated, and I have personally experienced on my old Taco, OME is tried and true; on the flip side of that, the Radflo's are fully adjustable and rebuildable for only a few more $$$. Any thoughts? I'm going to get the full OME leaf pack, as I too have a LEER shell, and I often tow my pop-up camper, I'm just having a tough time deciding on the front suspension. Also, where did you order your lift/bar/winch from?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles