2005 Tundra novice build - "The Rez"

mancusodr

Thanks for sharing your build and the journey brother! I’m in the process of building out my 04 DC and this thread has been incredibly helpful! I’ve encountered many of the same issues from the overheating on climbs in 4lo to the thunking sound in front. Now it’s time for some work/play!

Kpack

Adventurer
Thanks guys for taking a look and enjoying the thread. Hopefully it's been helpful for you.

I'm still enjoying the truck, just didn't get out on the trails as much as I wanted to this year. I've been doing routine maintenance on it when I can....oil change with Mobile 1, wire wheeling and repainting the sliders (those things take beating with all the gravel and rocks getting thrown into them), headlight restoration, etc. Still need to drain and fill both diffs, and probably need to drain and fill the transmission again here soon.

Been taking a few trips up into the hills with some of the snow. Pretty slick up there, and this truck is definitely not fantastic in deep snow. I'm so heavy that I just fall right in and I can only air down my tires so much. Guys that really wheel in the snow around here are running 40's with beadlocks, and air down to 2 PSI. Even they are having to dig themselves out. I had an acquaintance take his built rock-crawler 4 runner up to a hunting cabin that would normally be a 1.5 hour trip, and it took close to 8. Yikes. Digging out of the snow all the time doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

Still, had some great views and some fun times. Looking forward to when things melt and open back up.

-Kevin

DzlToy

Explorer
Kpack said:
Guys that really wheel in the snow around here are running 40's with beadlocks, and air down to 2 PSI. Even they are having to dig themselves out. I had an acquaintance take his built rock-crawler 4 runner up to a hunting cabin that would normally be a 1.5 hour trip, and it took close to 8.
It's time for a Sherp.