2004 suburban build

Overlandtowater

Jonb8 I posted one on build but its not a real good one. Im going to wait on tires until my cooper at3 need replaced so I'll be running the 265 for a while.

Attachments

• KIMG0861[1].JPG
    KIMG0861[1].JPG
    562.4 KB · Views: 42

jonb8

Adventurer
Right on, I was ready for tires that's what I was waiting on to lift it..... I'm just lazy and kept putting it off till it was state inspection time...

jonb8

Adventurer
Yep 285's, thanks... I did a lot of research on these tires and couldn't find anything or anyone saying bad things about them... I just took off BFG mud terrrains and hated them, but I have BFG KM2's on my xj and love those....

ejwebb

If you get a little sag after its loaded get the 3/4 inch polyurethane spacer in the rear, there $30 and it makes that little bit of difference with the load. Looking good.

mekcanix

Camper
So I have a question is that a solid rectangular tube or have you cut into a odd shapped C or U channel
I did the 2x5x1/4 tube for my rockers on my XJ as well, never thought of it for my GMC. Now you have me thinking

jonb8

Adventurer
No just like your xj, that's just the shadows in my garage. I'm just in mock up stage working on a way to support the rear..

Overlandtowater

I thought the same, Im luck though as I only have 2 small spots of rust but if I was in your situation it would be built in sliders for me too!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thats some solid looking square tubing ya got there Jon. I look forward to seeing the finished product. Cheers, Chilli...?

jonb8

Adventurer
Thanks chilliwak, love your old square body build.... I was on the fence of building a box for the back of a jeep comanche I have in the back yard....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles