2002 Pathfinder (R50) Overland Build

duke90

Adventurer
Nice score on the bumper, winch and sliders. How much will the shipping be?

Not sure yet, I had the seller drop it off at my buddy's house in Houston. I'm going to call on Monday and get a quote to ship it via freight to my business. I'm expecting a couple hundred.

duke90

Adventurer
Glad that deal went through! Looking forward to seeing the updates

Thanks again, appreciate the hookup. I'm still interested in the rear bumper once you're down here next year. Will prob want to go with something as basic and light as possible since this front bumper will add some weight. Hope to hit up the Alpine Loop soon!

duke90

Adventurer
So I finally received the coils on Thursday and took the truck to the shop yesterday morning. Went to check on it today and they have the following already installed and completed: Front and rear coils, rear shocks, front struts, strut mounts and bearings, CV Axles with the Rockford boots, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, polyurethane bushings for front lower control arms and sway bar, all new rear control arms, rear pan hard rod and sway bar bushings. On Monday they will do the rear drums, new front rotors and pads, extended rear break lines, and swap the headlights with Philips power bulbs. I have yet to get the ARB bumper or the sliders shipped, but as soon as I get around to it and receive them then I'll have those installed as well. I took pics today while the car was on the lift and I'll post them sometime this week.

duke90

Adventurer
Sounds like you got the deal on NPORA? And these sound like great upgrades, they only lack pics ;)

I got the deal from a guy on NPORA's facebook page. I didnt't see anyone post it on the actual NPORA site. Here are a few pics of the coils and CV axles with the Rockford thermoplastic boots. The angle looks extreme, but that's because the car is on the lift. Ordered extended stainless steel brake lines in the rear as well..the pic is of the old one.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I don't know why some of the pics are sideways. Is there a way to rotate them?

BirchHill

goat farmer
There are supposedly screws in the power valves that can come loose and get pulled down into the cylinders. Still skeptical that a small brass screw which is softer then the pistons can cause any damage. Your pathfinder is looking good, should ride like new.

duke90

Adventurer
There are supposedly screws in the power valves that can come loose and get pulled down into the cylinders. Still skeptical that a small brass screw which is softer then the pistons can cause any damage. Your pathfinder is looking good, should ride like new.

I actually took a video on my phone of what the engine rattle sounded like immediately before the engine stalled and stopped working. I can send it to you if you would like.
I picked up the car the other day and was surprised to see a height gain of approximately 3.5" over what I had. The steering feels a little tighter, the shocks make a huge improvement from what I had, and the powerstop brakes work very well. I'll post some pics tomorrow. For now this is the only one I have.

BirchHill

goat farmer
Not saying your engine didnt break, there are a myriad of reasons for an engine to rattle and fail. When this power valve screw issue came out there was hysteria on the forums everyone rushing out to lock tight the screws, even though the science would indicate the most you would end up with was a few nicks on top of piston and the brass screw would be chewed and spit out past the valves. Thats a good amount of lift from the ome springs. Mine started out level but, the front hd springs have begun to sag just a touch after about 1000 miles. The ride is great though, no adverse harshness as a result of stiffer springs.

duke90

Adventurer
It was more of a knocking sound then a rattle..like if you put a small rock into a blender..also the truck started to stall when I would come to an idle at a red light. I'd have to quickly put it in neutral and hit the gas once I'd feel it start to stall. Any idea what they might have been? Since the engine swap I haven't had the stalling issue come up again.
Yeah I couldn't believe it at first, I was expecting 1-2", but it out also be because my old suspension was shot and sagging. Are you going to put a spacer up front? I have the arb bumper plus a winch that I'm going to add and I think it will compressor the front to much. Any other options other than a spacer to keep the truck looking level?

BirchHill

goat farmer
I also got a lot more lift then expected but I was almost riding on the bump stops before. At this point I probably wont do a spacer unless it sags more, right now the rake is barely distinguishable. I would say you will need one with a steel bumper and a winch if you dont like the raked look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior