2001 F350 4x4 7.3L Powerstoke Diesel all-purpose build

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
35653092642_efc1f2fd4e_b.jpg

amgvr4

Adventurer
Looks good man! If you haul stuff often it is nice to be prepared to remove the swing out easily. I often found myself in a bind when trying to load large items because my full length swing out kept me from backing up to loading docks or opening the tailgate in tight quarters. I also love the janga blocks of square and rectangle tube to get the height correct, very resourceful!

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Picked up this camper shell for free today. I cant decide if i should have it sprayed with white bedliner, or just have it painted?
It came with the clamps and has carpeting and the rear window is not broken. The last free shell I had was missing the rear window.

45017441545_5aee0ae2b8_k.jpg

45017442995_906f4e3a41_k.jpg

32058576398_da204e99a9_k.jpg

45017444165_b4aadeb63d_k.jpg

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
The build is sure coming along beautifully, nice work!

Been meaning to ask, did the Full Traction suspension improve your turning radius at all? Also, seems your rear suspension is still the Icon add-a-leaf with block. Does the front sit a bit higher than rear? It's hard to tell as most pics from the front angle can be misleading.

The savings jar is getting fuller so a full traction front may be in the cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
The build is sure coming along beautifully, nice work!

Been meaning to ask, did the Full Traction suspension improve your turning radius at all? Also, seems your rear suspension is still the Icon add-a-leaf with block. Does the front sit a bit higher than rear? It's hard to tell as most pics from the front angle can be misleading.

The savings jar is getting fuller so a full traction front may be in the cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So the turning radius is still about the same that doesn't really change at all. But the ride quality is perfect! Full traction has nailed the geometry of this kit. Coupled with the adjustable ride control king coilovers I can't get over the ride quality on and off road. It's better than the new 6.7 for sure.
So i do still have the icon setup in the rear. Also it does sit a bit lower in the rear. I can crank the coilovers down to level it out but I think I am going to upgrade the rear suspension. I had been looking at deavers. Then full traction released this, looks like I need to start another jar!
https://full-traction.com/collectio...r-torque-link-suspension-r-t-l-s-part-fts7872

Attachments

• RTLSLOGO_1080x.png
    RTLSLOGO_1080x.png
    834.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

cobro92

Just discovered this thread. I have a new (to me) 2000 F350 as well. How is the full traction coil over setup working for you? I’m torn between the coil over conversion and an axle swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmrocek

Observer
Since this thread is from 2018, I wonder if he had kids yet? And with that, did he swap all of the parts over to an Excursion!? Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles