2000 Tacoma Reg Cab

WillBeck

Adventurer
Thanks! I need to get back out. I'm working on building up my cooking skills and gear. No more ramen and hot dogs haha

WillBeck

Adventurer
Made our way up to Coyote Flats above Bishop. Perfect weather in the mid 30's at night, 60's and low 70's during the day.
20160616_141819_zpsxz1ggx0d.jpg

DSC_0059_zpsh284zdob.jpg

DSC_0085_zps2mpthbbc.jpg

Our campsite was extremely unpleasant with a babbling creek running through the middle...
20160617_070916_zpsunfjc38t.jpg

Last edited:

WillBeck

Adventurer
I hard mounted my antenna to the bed rack. This way i can keep the rear window closed, and possibly even replace it with a one piece window. This also allows me to take the antenna off so i can fit in my garage, parking garages, drive throughs, etc without the fuss of trying to feed the coax under all my stuff etc.

DSC_0042_zpstysl58gt.jpg

DSC_0044_zps7lvquf55.jpg

DSC_0045_zpsrpahak9w.jpg

DSC_0047_zps6dhvbrys.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
Finally got around to wiring up my switches so that the lower LED's are illuminated whenever accessory power is on. I.e. whenever the truck is running. I wanted to wire them into the gauge backlight, so they came on when i switched on the headlights, but i could not find a suitable power lead for that.

DSC_0053_zps0o47qvob.jpg

The top part of the switch illuminates whenever the accessory is powered on.
DSC_0054_zpsrtxckhsl.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
The area behind the seats is surprisingly spacious. Just a quick list of things currently stored permanently in the cab.

Behind the drivers seat;
Large tool bag
-Jumper Cables
-ARB quick deflator
-E-Tool
-Small tool bag with sockets, ratchets, wrenches, small spares etc.
Tripod Camp stool

Behind the Passenger Seat;
ARB 30,000lb snatch strap in its own bag

Misc things i leave back there are usually a full nalgene bottle with distilled water
Spare hats
Warm down jacket that stuffs into it's own bag
Gortex parka.
Radio antenna when not mounted

I frequently also carry a wool blanket, a pair of 5w handheld radios, granola bars and a small backpack.

DSC_0048_zpssn9o9fwn.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
That's a slick antenna mount, who makes that? I clicked through the Tram-Browning catalog (the name engraved on the NMO cover in your other picture), but I didn't see that mount anywhere.

I got the mount from Rugged Radios. They also have a version for vertical tube, and multiple tube sizes to choose from.

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=182_313&products_id=703

I'm actually not a huge fan of the NMO cap i got. I would have preferred metal over plastic, as the threads on the cap can get chewed up easily. I also had to file down the corners on that cap in order to clear the dish in the mount.

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
I ran into the guy named Shane in one of your above photos at Rock Therapy. He was... an interesting guy. Haha- Love your rig!

WillBeck

Adventurer
As always, Bailey at Baja Designs hooked it up with some more awesome lights. Bought another pair of S2 Pro's to use as camp setup / work / area / ******* driver lights to mount on the sides of my freshly powdercoated bed rack. stoked to see the pieces of this coming together.

Also pre-ordered their new tube mount dome light. Super stoked for that!

DSC_0063_zps2wdlpi7g.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsn5hhrpz7.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
My truck still has all factory axle breathers, so i ordered ARB's breather kit. Has a really nice filter, and can connect up to 4 driveline breathers into a single vent. High speed push lock fittings and rigid 8mm tubing.

DSC_0064_zpswsejxt6x.jpg

DSC_0073_zpshjsbhhyr.jpg

WillBeck

Adventurer
Somewhat disappointed by finding this much debris in the breather manifold. Always assumed ARB was above average quality. The anodizing looks good, all the parts fit perfectly. Just didn't think i would find this...

DSC_0070_zpsvhnpj4s0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles