2 is better then 1+1?

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes, I was very surprised to see they even use Amazon as a platform, not a good way to maintain their stellar reputation.

Maybe a scammer seller, I don't think Amazon does much due diligence about trademarks when they sign up.

For me very much a last resort, eBay is much more reliable IMO.

Plus just a bit less generally evil for our society, not that it's not too late that horse left the barn a long time ago.

Alloy

Example of a proper DC switch conservatively current rated, very reliable likely for decades, see spec sheet for loaded duty cycle.

At high amps good DC circuit breakers cost hundreds per, would be silly to use over proper fuses.

And still not suitable to use for a routinely operated switch.

BSS 285 (medium duty) Series are economically priced

50 miless nowhere a breaker is worth hundreds once the fuses run out.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I guess Blue sea is not what it used to be in terms of quality...
Kinda deceptive to link to the one-star reviews link, when 86% of the 2,700 reviews are 5-star.

Alloy

Sure if you do actually pay to get the required quality.

If you cheap out and get a fire pretty silly.

I thought the same until I saw $20 breakers with hundreds of 5 star reviews so I've tested/installed a few.

I'm not seeing reports/reviews of fires but if there are the human factor would take top 5 on the list of faults. Seen larger fuses in lower amp circuits more than I can remember.... for many it's the easiest way to solve the problem.

I thought the same until I saw $20 breakers with hundreds of 5 star reviews so I've tested/installed a few.

I'm not seeing reports/reviews of fires but if there are the human factor would take top 5 on the list of faults. Seen larger fuses in lower amp circuits more than I can remember.... for many it's the easiest way to solve the problem.

Mind telling us the brands you tested and witch were good/bad?

dreadlocks

I use BlueSea terminal blocks mounted directly to battery like this: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-5191-Terminal/dp/B0019ZBTV4/

Fuse and wiring to sub panels is over-rated enough it should never trip under any nominal conditions, only something like a wreck flipping everything around, or a very unfortunate inverter failure is ideally what would trigger a master battery fuse.. and if somehow it was errantly tripping and I needed to over-ride it, taking it out of the circuit is easy enough.. dont need to carry a spare really, but if you do one is more than enough.

Fuses are to protect the wiring, if your popping fuses then you have an issue that needs fixed.. when you fix the issue, your fuse wont pop, breakers that react as fast as fuses are expensive and unnecessary.

john61ct

Adventurer
The MRBF design can be great, just make sure you don't leave the base unsupported fixed with a heavy load putting shearing / diagonal stresses on the battery post.

Over time can cause micro cracking of the case material in the vicinity, inside stuff getting out Not Good.

Support the wiring to the post/fuse as close as possible to minimize that weight / stress, even just a sturdy ziptie attached to the batt box.

Otherwise, an ANL or Class-T fixed to the box - always within 4-7" of the post if possible - may be a more secure approach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94