1999 Jeep Wrangler 2.2L Kubota diesel swap

redveloce

Adventurer
Do you think the ring failure was due to the boost "experimentation" you did? Now is probably the right time to get some custom pistons made up.

I'm not sure what you mean by boost experimentation. I suppose since these were originally N/A that any boost is experimentation :sombrero: It's hard to say exactly what caused it, I'd guess heat. The setup worked pretty good, but the turbo needed more support. It kept cracking the adapter, which would cause EGTs to creep more and more as the crack got worse before I would realize something was wrong. I have it all gusseted up now and I'm also going to rework the supports for my intercooler after I get it back together, so there is no stress on the turbo.

still loving that motor?

It's still a great engine. All of the failures I've had can be traced back to components which needed further engineering on my part. It's probably a bit close to the ragged edge pushing the Jeep around though, the guys at the Kubota dealer and my brother who is a diesel mechanic all call it my Formula 1 Kubota.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
the guys at the Kubota dealer and my brother who is a diesel mechanic all call it my Formula 1 Kubota.

:clapsmile ilmao perfect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94