1997 Toyota Megacruiser BXD-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad661

This vehicle is not going to sell to someone who already does not know what one is. Drove it to NJ today to OK 4WD, where they ALL knew what it was - very satisfying. Someone walking up saying "Nice Hummer" is not the market for this vehicle. Y'all know that.

It'll certainly sell to even someone knows what it is with a ******** ad and no real explanation or pics. ?

The Papp comment made me remember chuckling that you and I are from the same neck of the woods when I googled it all.

Good luck with sale, sir. ?

nomad661

This vehicle is not going to sell to someone who already does not know what one is. Drove it to NJ today to OK 4WD, where they ALL knew what it was - very satisfying. Someone walking up saying "Nice Hummer" is not the market for this vehicle. Y'all know that.

Having been to that exact shop I don't believe for a second that they all knew what it was. A couple of guys didn't even know what my LX 450 was. If it isn't a Jeep most of the people there know nothing about it.

Edit- I'll even add that for the amount of time you've already spent being evasive here you could have already created a decent ad.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Gents - The rules of this forum dictate that there is NO bashing on anyone's posts. If this someone wants to purchase this truck, let him/her determine the legalities of the road through due process. This guy has posted and reached out to one of our executives to determine if he needs to be a sponsor to post or not. In the meantime - stand down.

shellb

Adventurer
Why would he need to be a sponsor?

That has nothing to do with his advertisement, right?

Buyer beware...we’re informing buyers. Not bashing anything.

TXFJ60

Posts edited to keep in line. That is fair. This is just a good community that folks want to keep safe.

The seller is welcome to answer any and all questions.

Last edited:

nomad661

Gents - The rules of this forum dictate that there is NO bashing on anyone's posts. If this someone wants to purchase this truck, let him/her determine the legalities of the road through due process. This guy has posted and reached out to one of our executives to determine if he needs to be a sponsor to post or not. In the meantime - stand down.

Compared to a lot of what I see on here in terms of critique this thread hasn't even rated so far. And the ones worse tend to go on far longer before any admin intervention.

That's even more of a red flag that he's already crying to the admins (or, in fairness, maybe you just happened upon this one instantly).

Megacruisers

OK4WD was where I promised to bring the first L79 - Jim had a ball with it. And at said shop today, where I drove to from Allentown to Route 57 location in NJ (my mom lives 1/2 mile away) I was exceptionally pleased that they knew what it was. Immediately. Jim had also been to the LandCruiser museum where there is one, and brought some employees. I was pleased. It emptied the shop. But this is Besides the point. Jim drove the Megacruiser as well.

I'm working all day tomorrow Sunday to finish assembling the second unit with the canvas on for a photo shoot. The vehicles are here, come take a look. 2773 PA Route 309, Orefield, PA 18069 - 484-788-1910, text a few minutes before to be sure we're here, you are more than welcome to drive one. I apologize if I am not informing as you wish, but almost every BXD-10 is the same (Japanese Defense Forces Surplus), and if you know what it is, you know what it's worth. I don't care if you buy one, come drive it (you drive it, you'll want it)

I'm selling Megacruisers, gentlemen. Look, drive, feel, smell, taste, then buy if you want. What your impression of me is is of no importance to me. I have a vehicle you want. Ask anything regarding these beautiful vehicles, I will be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well, He might need to be a sponsor if he is doing business either in primary or on the side importing and selling these trucks. (said because he imported multiples). I don't make those decisions, but I do pass them along to the person who does.

Hence the reason I came across and responded to this thread so quickly

nomad661

OK4WD was where I promised to bring the first L79 - Jim had a ball with it. And at said shop today, where I drove to from Allentown to Route 57 location in NJ (my mom lives 1/2 mile away) I was exceptionally pleased that they knew what it was. Immediately. Jim had also been to the LandCruiser museum where there is one, and brought some employees. I was pleased. It emptied the shop. But this is Besides the point. Jim drove the Megacruiser as well.

I'm working all day tomorrow Sunday to finish assembling the second unit with the canvas on for a photo shoot. The vehicles are here, come take a look. 2773 PA Route 309, Orefield, PA 18069 - 484-788-1910, text a few minutes before to be sure we're here, you are more than welcome to drive one. I apologize if I am not informing as you wish, but almost every BXD-10 is the same (Japanese Defense Forces Surplus), and if you know what it is, you know what it's worth. I don't care if you buy one, come drive it (you drive it, you'll want it)

I'm selling Megacruisers, gentlemen. Look, drive, feel, smell, taste, then buy if you want. What your impression of me is is of no importance to me. I have a vehicle you want. Ask anything regarding these beautiful vehicles, I will be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Quoting so you can't edit.

So you're confirming to be involved with this organization? Address matches...

I'll let potential buyers do their own googling.
Screenshot_20190907-214947.png

shellb

Adventurer
Well, He might need to be a sponsor if he is doing business either in primary or on the side importing and selling these trucks. (said because he imported multiples). I don't make those decisions, but I do pass them along to the person who does.

Hence the reason I came across and responded to this thread so quickly

Now we’re getting somewhere...it’s exactly what he’s doing.

This (or the other one) was posted on eBay by seller “Unusual-Auto” and the fact that he recognized my earlier eBay disclosure proves my position.

Unusual-Auto is the website landcruisers-direct, an automotive dealership.

There’s history here and public disclosure is warranted.

013E8072-7852-4C9E-B3CC-D80D9C01816C.png

Megacruisers

God, I gave my name, address, phone number, and an invite to come see me. Clearly I must be hiding something. Anyone interested in the vehicles?

TXFJ60

My question regarding your beautiful vehicle still stands - can these be registered to be legally driven on public roads? Or are they offered as “For Off-Road Use Only”? This is an important question for those, like me, that are not keen on the government seizing their vehicle.

Megacruisers

Sorry I didn't answer you sooner (so much chaff to go thru) I offer them for sale as off-road use only, just like every surplus military hummer ever sold. Thank you for a valid question.

nomad661

Sorry I didn't answer you sooner (so much chaff to go thru) I offer them for sale as off-road use only, just like every surplus military hummer ever sold. Thank you for a valid question.

So you're saying it isn't sold as road legal in even PA and yet was driven to NJ? Did you drive it without legal registration or is that registration somehow only valid for you and not any potential buyer (even if they resided in PA)?

Edit - If it does have legal registration, what is the reason it can't be transfered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94