1980 Land Rover Lightweight Series III Build

telwyn

Adventurer
Got caught up on about two months worth of build photos here… think it’s very close to being done. Going to visit it in the shop tomorrow and may have some more/better photos to share. Hoping to do our first mini adventure in June.

telwyn

Adventurer
Pokey is just about all done. Have a new transmission on order from PA Blanchards that arrives next week, need to finish the exhaust system and put a few stickers in the right places, but aside from that it’s ready to roll. Even took it for a test drive last night. Drove great and thankfully I can still remember how to drive a stick. :) It’s been 4+ years since the Rover was taken to the shop for this build and probably close to 10 years since I last drove it so yesterday was a very happy day.

telwyn

Adventurer
Love the engine colour :)

Wanna share what it is?

I keep waiting to see some weights chalked on that bonnet ;)

Excellent work young man!
Apologies for the delay in replying. The engine color is called Duck Egg Blue. It’s commonly, if not always, used on British MOD engines. My restoration shop recreated it for me by matching the paint color on the original 4 cylinder petrol engine we removed, but here’s a link to the color online.

telwyn

Adventurer
Finally brought home Pokey today some 4.5+ years after the build began. Will need to do some shakedown rides and adjust some things here and there, but super happy to finally have it home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior