1973 Wagoneer - Full Size Camping Goodness

Zeep

Adventurer
I learned a ton of info over there, in the last ten years or so. I find myself on this site more often than JF, probably for the same reasons as you guy's.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
I dont really know why I'm here, lol. There's literally nothing FSJ related to learn really, and my jeep is far from what this website caters to. Eh. I post even less on overlandbound. Who knows.

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
On the topic of logging into forums.....its been a long time for me on this site. And just recently returned to my home forum for XJ stuff. I find myself on here when Im looking for info on new areas of interest, or different vehicle platforms my usual places don't offer. My threads on here suffer because what Im doing has already been done. Yours however, is a unique and well-used setup that many enjoy to follow, myself included.

I do have a question on the stabilizers for your trailer: what are they and where did you find them? I like the way they appear to operate and tuck up nicely. My trailer would benefit.

Congrats on getting the Jeep running nicely and enjoying it more. Im currently climbing out of that rut with mine. It sucks but I have a plan and always have, so Im going to continue until it can do what I enjoy doing with it. My typical trip Im building for is 1400miles (nearly all highway); it has to be prepared for that at a moments notice, along with camping trips like yours. Your images really make me want to head west someday in the future.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
On the topic of logging into forums.....its been a long time for me on this site. And just recently returned to my home forum for XJ stuff. I find myself on here when Im looking for info on new areas of interest, or different vehicle platforms my usual places don't offer. My threads on here suffer because what Im doing has already been done. Yours however, is a unique and well-used setup that many enjoy to follow, myself included.

I do have a question on the stabilizers for your trailer: what are they and where did you find them? I like the way they appear to operate and tuck up nicely. My trailer would benefit.

Congrats on getting the Jeep running nicely and enjoying it more. Im currently climbing out of that rut with mine. It sucks but I have a plan and always have, so Im going to continue until it can do what I enjoy doing with it. My typical trip Im building for is 1400miles (nearly all highway); it has to be prepared for that at a moments notice, along with camping trips like yours. Your images really make me want to head west someday in the future.

They are just RV jacks, i dont know if this is the right length for your application, nor do i know if this is the length I bought, but they come in several lengths and weight ratings.

https://www.amazon.com/BAL-23225-Se...=UTF8&qid=1547073218&sr=8-3&keywords=BAL+jack

CAPTNDAVIE

Observer
You and your Wagoneer are a perfect fit here I think. I’ve really enjoyed your posts. And the Wagoneer is a more realistic vehicle for the average person. We all can’t afford high dollar new Forerunners or whatever. And reading about the upgrades and adventures has been awesome. Keep posting I for one really want to see more.

I dont really know why I'm here, lol. There's literally nothing FSJ related to learn really, and my jeep is far from what this website caters to. Eh. I post even less on overlandbound. Who knows.

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Love what you have done with the wagoneers and the trailers. Reading through all of this was long but worth it. Laughing when seeing the pictures from your trip to Green Creek as I used to go there a ton while in college. Knew that area like the back of my hand. Have you ever been to Leavitt lake off of hwy 108? I still make trips up there now and again and love that spot and its relatively quiet.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Been quite a while since I've stumbled in here. We've had a crappy cold, rainy, snowy winter and I just havent had it in me to do much work or get much use out of the wagoneer. Finally starting to warm up a little, so hopefully we'll have some camping trips in the near future, and hopefully we'll get some good use out of the trailer this spring summer and fall.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Been quite a while since I've stumbled in here. We've had a crappy cold, rainy, snowy winter and I just havent had it in me to do much work or get much use out of the wagoneer. Finally starting to warm up a little, so hopefully we'll have some camping trips in the near future, and hopefully we'll get some good use out of the trailer this spring summer and fall.

Agree! Longest stretch of cold & cloudy since I've lived here ('96).

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Agree! Longest stretch of cold & cloudy since I've lived here ('96).

Thats what everybody has been saying. I've only been up here 4 years, but everybody is like "We haven't had one this bad since the late 80's" Cold and cloudy, then wet, then cold so nothing metls or thaws, then it melted and thawed, repeat. lol

Normally I dont get to affected by the weather, but I've had crazy cabin fever this winter. It seems like EVERY WEEKEND it was crappy out.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well, its that time of year. Pulled the tarp off the tent, emptied out the trailer, cleaned out the leaves and stuff, checked and re-packed all gear, put the battery on the charger, put the new sleeping bag in the tent, etc etc.

Hoping for a trip this weekend.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
So, I went out with Nevada Bighorns Unlimited to work on a guzzler build. Was a good time, towed about 2 hours each way, mostly highway, only about 15 miles of dirt.

Sadly, my interior light burned out on the tent, and CVT will not provide a warranty repair since i bought the tent second hand. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that. Otherwise, trip went very well!

Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles