1953 M101A1 RESURRECTION

FandL

JK ADDICTION
THE RACK IS ON

Just finished up! And it's SOLID! Also, my Max Coupler arrived today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 105

FandL

JK ADDICTION
LOADED UP

Kayaks are loaded up and ready for a test road trip....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 89

FandL

JK ADDICTION
Thanks jdlobb. I put a lot of effort into this project. Mark Harley gave me a lot of direction and I got so many ideas from others on the site.

FandL

JK ADDICTION
ROAD TESTED - ON AND OFF

We loaded up and when to OBX NC. The home we rented, named "AS YOU WISH"', was 7 miles up the 4X4 beach in Carova on Swan Beach.

The trailer preformed well above all expectations. On the highway it tracked perfectly, even at high speeds. Off-road, with the Max-Coupler, there were no issues in the sand, crossing deep ruts, and the technical terrain was no match.

The awning was a hit. ARB has a great product! The beach set-up was the best! I kept all the beach gear in the trailer and set up on the beach every morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 121

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Awesome work! The combo looks great!
Makes a very useful addition, Throw the extra gear and toys in and drive to your destination.
Did you get the awning local? I am guessing NOT because Pittsburgh is NOT a mecca for camping stores.

Did you have to answer a lot of questions at Gas stops and on the beach about the set up?

Do your family members now see why you worked so hard on "a trailer"

It looks awesome! Congratulations and I hope to see you around the burg.

FandL

JK ADDICTION
Thanks Mark!

Yes. The beach was obviously 4x4 heaven. Especially for the Jeep community. I had many onlookers and fans. Most people had the EZ-up canopy type awnings. And seeing me setup and short timeframe it took, they were asking questions.

The Jeep community knew the M101 right away. A majority of them saw the benefits compared to the M416 Bantam. The Bantam being to small.

My family loved it! And yes! They all realized why I put the effort into the build and appreciate the outcome. My wife is ready for another trip with the trailer. Maybe camping.....

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
The size looks perfect behind your jeep.
Is this beach area above DUCK NC? Is there only one way in and out?
No roads just packed sand? 4x4 required only?

Time to search out some ORANGE folding chairs.

Phoenix

Adventurer
Thanks Mark!

Yes. The beach was obviously 4x4 heaven. Especially for the Jeep community. I had many onlookers and fans. Most people had the EZ-up canopy type awnings. And seeing me setup and short timeframe it took, they were asking questions.

The Jeep community knew the M101 right away. A majority of them saw the benefits compared to the M416 Bantam. The Bantam being to small.

My family loved it! And yes! They all realized why I put the effort into the build and appreciate the outcome. My wife is ready for another trip with the trailer. Maybe camping.....

Congrats on a great build. You have achieved my goal. I want my wife to recognize this is a good idea.

I was lucky and was able to find a M101A3 that had never been deployed. So much of the work you have done, I haven't needed to work on as the paint is still good on the trailer and the tub.

Great rack. I just picked up the steel for mine and construction on the rack starts in 12 days. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

FandL

JK ADDICTION
The size looks perfect behind your jeep.
Is this beach area above DUCK NC? Is there only one way in and out?
No roads just packed sand? 4x4 required only?

Time to search out some ORANGE folding chairs.

Yes. The road ends at the beach in Carolla and we continued 7 miles north on the beach to mile marker 20. It was a great trip! I highly recommend vacationing in the 4x4 area of the OBX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94