1120 AF Build in Norway

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
PM sent, they also had several reconditioned 6 speed transmissions, I'm not sure about the OD etc. Was thinking of you @VerMonsterRV ?
Would really love the split gear 6 speed. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have done the swap before the habitat went on (of course doing the turbo swap right along side).

Starters? :(
Hopefully the Connecticut place works out, if not I can look into overnighting the spare I have. If you do end up needing to order from Europe I would recommend ordering from a shop in the UK, for some reason it seems to sail right through US customs. I have a package from Poland that has been in Tennessee customs for over a week now.

Geo.Lander

Starters? :(

They have everything it seems, they actually keep these trucks running for work, the place is massive! This will not be a quick process thou, I need to figure something out with the old man as he needs to be go-between, language, etc, oww and the guys dont do mail order! You might need to tip him :LOL:

@VerMonsterRV & @DiploStrat - please PM me your details (VIN, model, engine, year, shipping address), etc, and ill find out this week hopefully, I am sourcing myself an hydraulic winch (I know I know, what will i tie it too), and some higher ratio axles (ill leave those in Greece thou to be fitted whenever) and Neil a snorkle, I can see logistics being a pain thou ?

Last edited:

Geo.Lander

OK, so back to departure angle changes and proper models are very revealing indeed, basically too many compromises on design and costs, we get probably get close to 26 degrees by doing some box shaving but anything more there will need to be chassis cutting and hence the rear pivot would have to be moved forward, we would not be able to have the stairs we want either so we will settle for the mid 20´s

1633963517684.png

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Dude! Just scroll down until you see the title "Departure Angle." You will even see pretty pictures. ;)

For the rest of us, I note that he has made some changes - gotta go re-read for myself.

To me, this is the baseline. You can debate all of his decisions - I don't use propane, I do use a composting toilet, I do use air conditioning, etc., but he never says anything stupid and he has driven the roads.

Geo.Lander

Dude! Just scroll down until you see the title "Departure Angle." You will even see pretty pictures. ;)

For the rest of us, I note that he has made some changes - gotta go re-read for myself.

To me, this is the baseline. You can debate all of his decisions - I don't use propane, I do use a composting toilet, I do use air conditioning, etc., but he never says anything stupid and he has driven the roads.

I thought it was a book i had to order :LOL:

Geo.Lander

Today is BMS day, I will test 3 BMS units with canbus communication to see which one passes all my requirements with regards to basic operation with a mind to building the firmware to communicate with VEbus victron GX control.

First is the latest JDB FET based board with 200A continuous current. I'll be using a relay BMS for sure in the truck but this one has the same UART firmware and is 4S so I can use it in other builds for my land rover etc. (I'll be using 8S in the truck).

The next BMS I am waiting to test is the newer QUCC smart BMS, if I'm not happy with either I'll go ahead and order a REC BMS..

The plan is 2 separate batteries with independent BMS for redundancy connection parallel at the Lynx power in bus bar. Or 8S2P if REC purely because of costs.

DSC_2910.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior