06 LR3 Problem with cruise control

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Would be as someone mentioned either the buttons themselves or possibly a bad wheel speed sensor. Sometimes people have had theirs rubbed since it snakes down with the brake wear sensor in that wiring harness. Yeah GAP would be a good help here. Possibly go to dealer and ask them to reflash the ECU for that system. That or have them diagnose.

There would be many warning lights on the dash if the wheel speed sensor wire was broken.

'Reflashing' the ECU would do nothing.

Navman

Adventurer
Thanks all. It seems unlikely to be the switches because One drive it works, the next time it doesn't. When it stops working i can usually turn the key off, re-start it and it will work most of the time.

That's what mine did for a while as well. Now it doesn't work at all. I could never keep cruise control working for long on my old D1 either so I just chalk it up to "it's a Rover thing" and ignore it as I don't want to pay to have it fixed right now.

racehorse

Adventurer
Try GAP tool or equivalent

I had the same issue for years - worked intermittently when it felt like it. I thought it was the clockspring, got a quote and said I can live without cruise control. But recently I cleared all the faults just out of routine with a GAP tool and it seems to have done the trick. In the past year I haven't had any more issues with the cruise control (and buttons) not working.

NCLRbear

Adventurer
sometimes I have a problem with my button. the button to turn it off doesn't work and i have to tap the break to turn off the cruise control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior