02 Taco for $17k...this is getting out of hand.

ttfjc

weekend wheeler
I've also noticed that if the car is on instagram or belongs to an instagram personality then it goes for a lot more than what its worth. For whatever reason buyers get sucked into paying more just because they saw it on the 'gram.
gotta use whatever leverage you can. I plan on fully exploiting this when i do sell my FJC for ever stoooopider prices..ill throw in the account for free haha. at least its full disclosure what i've done to thing..

nomad_games

I've also noticed that if the car is on instagram or belongs to an instagram personality then it goes for a lot more than what its worth. For whatever reason buyers get sucked into paying more just because they saw it on the 'gram.
Yeah. Sometimes doesn’t work though. There’s some instafamous dude that has a 4x4 g20 for sale on eBay. He listed it at instafamous prices and has slowly been dropping it for a month or so now. Another couple months and it might get to a reasonable price. :rolleyes:

Superduty

Adventurer
RE the taco in the original post....the seller did a really nice job on the ad. How much of a factor is that in the overall selling price?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
RE the taco in the original post....the seller did a really nice job on the ad. How much of a factor is that in the overall selling price?
Depends on the buyer. I think most can see right thru that crap, personally I find that kind of photography a little insulting to my intelligence, but I know quite a few get there rocks off on it.

roving1

That price is crazy but I spent some coin on a clean 1st gen 4cylinder regular cab because that is what I wanted and I can't buy a new one even if I wanted to. Plus I just really don't like current gen Tacos and 4 Runners and I think those are equally insane price too for what you get.

To a point, clean simple and older can be a nicer combo than new or newer used even if it costs a bit.

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
'13 Tacoma TRD off-road with color matched Leer QR100 shell, OME 2" package lift(from cruisersoufitters(plug for great peeps)). Britax car seat. Fresh bugs on front. 64k. $65k delivered anywhere, well not anywhere really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles