Kimberley Kampers USA

smorris

Just peeking in to mention that I've seen @Catastrofe 's S3 before he has. :)

Visiting family in Bellefontaine, and stopped to see Dave and look at a Kruiser if he had one. Sure enough, he was working on the 2nd US model. On another forum, I told Catastophe that I scratched my initials in it for him to find. ;)

An S3 immediately popped to the top of our list. I look forward to reading the input from folks here who have a Kruiser before we do.

[EDIT] Ha! Seven years later, and I'm still a "New Member" :)

Last edited:
We picked up our S3 yesterday and started the trek from Ohio to Flagstaff where we will be displaying in the Kimberley booth at Overland Expo West. David will also have two Kampers and a Karavan on site.

F54EF591-2A34-4AF0-9B10-EB6993EE9AF4.jpegB221080A-B07E-4BBB-90C5-875F2648D1FB.jpeg

Attachments

• A347320B-CD96-4F3F-8F6A-57C5277E23B8.jpeg
    A347320B-CD96-4F3F-8F6A-57C5277E23B8.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
  • FE2714B1-04C1-4303-9364-FEFE481B6253.jpeg
    FE2714B1-04C1-4303-9364-FEFE481B6253.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 32

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

These campers are awesome and very pricey. Generally speaking there are so many moving parts. How long do the take to set up? With so many moving parts they must break down at some point. How would one ever find a qualified shop to do warranty or maintenence?

These campers are awesome and very pricey. Generally speaking there are so many moving parts. How long do the take to set up? With so many moving parts they must break down at some point. How would one ever find a qualified shop to do warranty or maintenence?

Setup is done at both the Kimberley factory, and here in the US by the importer, David Bates. The trailer is delivered in complete working condition, with everything operating as it should. When taking delivery (at least at Dave's shop), the owner spends a night (or two) in the shop on his own learning the systems. Operational questions can then be answered/demonstrated in person before heading on down the road.

Repair work can be done either in Dave's shop if convenient, or at any RV repair shop. If the shop is unfamiliar with the systems, Dave will walk them through the repair.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I assume buying a Kruiser Kamper from the US dealer completely takes the currency calculaton out of the equation but if a Kruiser Eco Suite lists for 117k on the AU website that is equivalent 86 K US $. So for $120k US one is paying 163k AU. I apologize in advance if I am missing something here. That said this is a nice trailer.

blacklbzbeauty

We picked up our S3 yesterday and started the trek from Ohio to Flagstaff where we will be displaying in the Kimberley booth at Overland Expo West. David will also have two Kampers and a Karavan on site.

View attachment 682910View attachment 682911
My brother was at Dave's shop looking at Kimberly's the day you picked up your S3. He was very impressed with your built 200 LC! After seeing these pics I understand why.

My brother was at Dave's shop looking at Kimberly's the day you picked up your S3. He was very impressed with your built 200 LC! After seeing these pics I understand why.

Thanks. I believe your brother came in with his wife/girlfriend/partner to look at the RLT version of the Kamper. We didn't get to chat...hope he buys it! Great rig...

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
I assume buying a Kruiser Kamper from the US dealer completely takes the currency calculaton out of the equation but if a Kruiser Eco Suite lists for 117k on the AU website that is equivalent 86 K US $. So for $120k US one is paying 163k AU. I apologize in advance if I am missing something here. That said this is a nice trailer.

The closest comparison would be to look at how much a Ford F Truck or RAM1500 costs in Australia.... in both cases there's the compliance costs, and the modification to make it compliant as well as shipping etc.

The currency calculation is still part of the equation, it's just handled between KK Australia and KK US. I think that if you compare units with the same options, the difference in price will be primarily related to import fees. For example, the starting price of an S Class on the Australian site is $109,850. The starting price on the US site is $92,896. Current import fees are ~$11K USD for roll-on/roll-off environmentally controlled transport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior