Maxtrax Storage Help

jpachard

Adventurer
All,
I’m in the process of getting my truck ready for a trip and need to figure out where to store my MaxTrax. I have a 5th gen 4Runner but my roof rack is occupied with a James Baroud tent. The options I’ve considered are the following:

1. Use the Maxtrax pins to mount on the back of the tent. I’m not sure how robust this will be. Has anyone else done this?
2. Purchase a ladder and mount to the ladder via straps
3. Hitch mount option?

Has anyone got any other suggestions? I really want to keep them outside the vehicle too.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
What kind of roof rack are you running with the RTT?

Can you squeeze them between the rack and roof? Maybe similar to how FrontRunner stores their tables
front-runner-under-rack-table-bracket-TBRA016-4.jpg

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Just looked at BROG Maxtrax bag and ordered bag with roof rack straps to put on rear ladder of Chinook, also picked up XL pouch to see how that is. Although I use TREDs Maxtrax bag is perfect for my needs.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place

Different product, the Go Treads bags are different than the TREDS/Maxtracks. However, I did confirm with BROG folks that two TREDs will fit in their MaxTrax bag. I also confirmed by comparing specs of Treds and MaxTrax:

MaxTrax 45"x 13" x 3.5"
TREDS 42.52" x 12.48" x 2.83"

Last edited:

Scoutman

Explorer
Ahh, gotcha. I have a pair of MT's so I'm not as well versed on the others. I'm still trying to figure out a good secure yet easy to access spot for them though.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have a FR rack and the MT's won't fit under it so I use the Marston mats. Had to make supports to mount them. Wanted MT but they did not fit.
I know this is about the very useful MT devices but it was asked in a post if they could go under the RR like the table, they won't, too bad.DSC04856.JPG

old .45

Observer
To the makers of the Max Trax bag... add some more material to the top of the bag and attach velcro to roll the top down and attach. The way it is pictured rain could pool up in it and debris could come out if just tossed into the back of your vehicle before getting to be able to clean the Trax properly... just my .o2 worth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior