New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

XJLI

Adventurer
OK - I kinda do hate this. Watching the doug demuro vid... why in the hell are the US spec cars using red turn signals? The Range Rovers have orange...

Anyone know what option/model you need to get the all-black steering wheel?

The white is a $200 option. Grey is standard.

Blaise

Is it? I guess I was only looking at the First Edition build. I'm assuming its built in.

Edit: Can't find a way to option with the non-ugly wheel. I suppose I could pull the panel and paint it but UGH.

Last edited:

Blaise

Just the kind of comment you'd expect from a guy who posts nowhere on ExPo but a hate/rage thread for a car he has no intention of purchasing.

(edit due to not being aware of doug demuro internet drama)

lol. I hope something nice happens to you today. I think you could use something uplifting.

3ad.jpg

Last edited:

soflorovers

OK - I kinda do hate this. Watching the doug demuro vid... why in the hell are the US spec cars using red turn signals? The Range Rovers have orange...

Anyone know what option/model you need to get the all-black steering wheel?
I also found it strange. My guess is that ROW trucks only use the outer lights as the turn indicators and not the inner row as well. The US spec trucks probably need to light up all the lights on the same side due to that stupid regulation we have that mandates a minimum illuminated surface area for turn signal. My guess is that orange and red would look strange at the same time, so they kept it a universal red color for US trucks. Again, this is all hypothetical and I did zero research to see how ROW trucks integrate their turn signals.

soflorovers

Just the kind of comment you'd expect from a guy who posts nowhere on ExPo but a hate/rage thread for a car he has no intention of purchasing.

I sincerely doubt that Doug is incapable of obtaining a CDL. I think the word your rage was looking for was 'obtain,' as I'm not sure you can operate a CDL. I bet he could operate a truck just fine though.

lol. I hope something nice happens to you today. I think you could use something uplifting.

View attachment 591399
In Eric's defense (can't believe I'm honestly saying those words), Doug kinda made a fool out of himself when he took his D90 off road a few years back. Still, not sure that one mistake is grounds to dismiss all subsequent information. Here's the video for reference.

Carson G

In Eric's defense (can't believe I'm honestly saying those words), Doug kinda made a fool out of himself when he took his D90 off road a few years back. Still, not sure that one mistake is grounds to dismiss all subsequent information. Here's the video for reference.

I mean he had just got it and was accustomed to driving a L322 which doesn’t have a manual CDL.

EricTyrrell

Expo God
I mean he had just got it and was accustomed to driving a L322 which doesn’t have a manual CDL.

Maybe, just maybe, one should probably familiarize themselves with the basics before demonstrating off-road capability for millions of viewers. Unsurprisingly, the latest review contained very little focus on utility and off-road. At least it's a nice car for the masses.

Blaise

Ha, I'm out of the loop.

Other comments still apply. Lighten up my dude. He can't exactly focus on off-road use with a car that's being borrowed on a test drive from a dealer...

Blaise

Land Rover calls it a Defender, which makes it... a Defender! Which is like.... a fact, man. lol

#notmydefender #fakenews #yellingatcloud #damnkidsoffmylawn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears