2021 F150 Spy shots. Is Ford going back to '09-'14?

phsycle

Adventurer
Mountain bikers who use tailgate pads would rather see a slightly lower camera lens, so the padding on top doesn’t obscure it. Of course we all drive Tacoma’s anyway, so Ford probably doesn’t care. :)

I actually thought something mounted HIGHER would be better. Like an optional camera by the 3rd tail light, like some HD trucks. Mounting it lower, would be covered by the pad, tires, or dirt.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I actually thought something mounted HIGHER would be better. Like an optional camera by the 3rd tail light, like some HD trucks. Mounting it lower, would be covered by the pad, tires, or dirt.
True, but if you're using it as a back up camera or to hook up a trailer, I don't think a camera mounted that high would be able to give a view of the bumper or hitch.

I'm guessing the filed of vision would cut off at the top of the tailgate.

phsycle

Adventurer
True, but if you're using it as a back up camera or to hook up a trailer, I don't think a camera mounted that high would be able to give a view of the bumper or hitch.

I'm guessing the filed of vision would cut off at the top of the tailgate.

I meant an additional camera :)

Camera by the tailgate handle is in a good spot. Combine with another up higher. Mounting it lower doesn't make sense.

Grassland

The headlights look like all the aftermarket headlights for 09-14s do, to me anyway.
Big led DRL bar around outside edge.

I'm more excited to hear about the hybrid powertrain. Hopefully similar to the Explorer.
The electric power train picks up the low end slack from the NA V6 and sorta kinda helps fuel economy.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The headlights look like all the aftermarket headlights for 09-14s do, to me anyway.
Big led DRL bar around outside edge.

I'm more excited to hear about the hybrid powertrain. Hopefully similar to the Explorer.
The electric power train picks up the low end slack from the NA V6 and sorta kinda helps fuel economy.
Agreed. The hybrid is the one I'm interested to find out more about. I'm hoping payload and tow ratings won't suffer too much.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I think it started with the Ram not ended. Well, actually I guess it started with the Model S?

Other trucks will now offer bigger screens to compete I'm guessing. However, I'm sure it will be an option.

The obvious next evolutionary step is to get rid of that stupid windshield that nobody uses anyway and replace it with a giant screen. That way you can watch Netflix while you drive.

Add a subwoofer and an amp to drown out the screams of the pedestrians you'll be running over.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The obvious next evolutionary step is to get rid of that stupid windshield that nobody uses anyway and replace it with a giant screen. That way you can watch Netflix while you drive.
Maybe you just gave someone an idea for when cars become autonomous...

Edit... looks like it's already been thought of...

Screen-Shot-2014-10-06-at-1.18.44-AM-610x350.png
Hyundai_s-windshield-of-the-future-looks-an-awful-lot-like-a-giant-TV-screen.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior