NmW7VT6.jpg

OGvNDZa.jpg

DfxP03z.jpg

i2dMQMu.jpg

cGXrVWM.jpg

Last edited:

DELAV

Great looking trailers in this thread!

I'm curious what some of these trailers weigh as optioned (rack, water system, fridge, battery, etc). We're looking at a 459 Krawler, and would like to keep it under 1500 lbs so that it can be occasionally towed on longer highway trips by our 2014 Forester. Based on the SoCal website it sounds like this is reasonable if we keep gear light?

Otherwise, we may be limited to a road trailer with the offroad upgrade, similar to Doug E.

mizeide

Michael - Owner Wanderlust Overland
Hey man, is my expertise not good enough?! Haha just messing. FYI, this Michael, owner of Wanderlust Overland.

Great looking trailers in this thread!

I'm curious what some of these trailers weigh as optioned (rack, water system, fridge, battery, etc). We're looking at a 459 Krawler, and would like to keep it under 1500 lbs so that it can be occasionally towed on longer highway trips by our 2014 Forester. Based on the SoCal website it sounds like this is reasonable if we keep gear light?

Otherwise, we may be limited to a road trailer with the offroad upgrade, similar to Doug E.

DELAV

Hey man, is my expertise not good enough?! Haha just messing. FYI, this Michael, owner of Wanderlust Overland.

Mike - you got me!

If you guys haven't talked with Mike but have questions about these trailers, hit him up. He's been really helpful putting together a few custom SoCal options for my wife and I.

If anyone wants to chime in on weights, tow vehicles and real-world recommendations, please feel free! As you guys know, these things aren't cheap or quick to build :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior