Zebra Sports adventure to Moab

corbin8or

Adventurer
Just got back from a great 4 days of adventure in Moab! Started the trip with a great bike ride down a great road through one of the parks.
Day 2 was an all day whitewater rafting trip down the West Water section of the Colorado River! what a run! if you go to Moab check out Splore for a river trip! Top Knotch peeps there! Nancy was my river guide and she was da bomb! Splore has a great adaptive solution, they cut the legs off some patio chairs and cam-strap them to the seat of rafts. When I first saw this I was sceptical but not once during the trip did I feel like anything was going anywhere. I was able to "punch" the front in a big hole to get the boat to not flip over backwards and I was even able to pull another passenger back into boat using the chair as support! Supper stable... (some videos are on YouTube, look for corbin8or)
Day 3 started with a trip to the Gemini Bridges, WOW what an experience! crossing the bridges even though they were pretty wide was still awe inspiring. Riding the one
-offs through this terrain was simply incredible...
Day 4 was planned to get us out to the dinosaur tracks area but it was cut short when one of the participants snapped a chain. with no master link on hand, the plan was to take a link out of another chain but that ended by fixing the first bike but breaking the other bike... bummer... Later that evening (around sunset) a few of us drove into Arches National Park and watched the sun set from the arches. I was in my off-road manual chair and climbed the 164 steps to the top and saw some beautiful colors that can only be seen there! so 328 steps later we hit the Moab Brewery for some more rootbeer! yes the growler is in my fridge right now!

morning of departure I got a couple pictures of some sweet bikes and a yota with a wildernest on it... the two bikers were just married last week and have been on the road since! Phil and Ellen, I hope to see them on here soon, the had no idea about ExPo... A KTM and a BMW. Phil's KTM is sporting his first sticker as a Sierra Expeditions one! I will try and post pictures soon...

What a trip!

looking for people to help with the next trip. mountain biking, rafting and off-roading! maybe a week trip next time...

I can't wait to go again! I would really love to get more people up there to experience this beautiful area of our country!

corbin8or

Adventurer
I forgot to add that we had 4 participants riding the one off off-road handcycles and a few people from the Telluride Adaptive Sports Program helping out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94