Zebra Built awnings!

corbin8or

Adventurer
You asked for it! You are going to get it! I have been asked/prodded by some friends to stop messing around and make stuff! So, there is an awning in the works... Hope to have a prototype at EXPO. Please be kind, I am making this in a week so material is only for mock up... I am finishing up trailer stuff on Monday and will be devoting the rest of week to awning... Did a dual propane tank holder today... EXPO sneeks up on a brotha! See you Sat evening, I have to coach that morning. I will have pictures and video as soon as I can. Come on by the shop, I'll help you build your ideas, from napkin to finished product my team can help. I have just about any tool at my disposal, from hack saw to laser, JB weld to Tig welding, brakes, benders... Really fun stuff!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have seen what Corbin can do out of a home shop so I only imagine what excellent work he is up to now with a full setup at his fingertips.
As an owner of Hannibal awning and all the trouble people have getting those I think anything Corbin puts together will be a hit.

Looking forward to checking it out.

corbin8or

Adventurer
Functioning prototype frame is done, fabric will be done Friday morning... Tweeking a couple things here and there, please give feedback, but be kind and understand what I have right now is a prototype. Made of mild steel to keep R&D costs down. Had three people by shop today to see it and they all liked it a lot! Going the right direction...
Thank you for the kind words Lance.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
J-B Weld and T.I.D.E. (Tabletop Idea Design Evaluation) sheets?.. Used by trusted fabricators the world over! :ylsmoke:

Can't wait to see the mockup. Good luck, Corbin!

ttn333

Observer
Like a little more info please. I'm in the market for an awning in the very near future but can definitely wait. Is this a traditional type awning, aluminum roll up cover? free standing ie no legs like hannibal? thanks

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Like a little more info please. I'm in the market for an awning in the very near future but can definitely wait. Is this a traditional type awning, aluminum roll up cover? free standing ie no legs like hannibal? thanks

Since the first discussion I saw started in a thread about the trouble with Hannibal sales and support in the U.S., I would expect the design to be self-supporting without legs, or at least render them optional.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
great job Corbin....I wished it had taken pics but I wasn't sure you were ready for that.
I saw quite a few people looking over his design and I gotta say it is very creative.

Looking forward to a finishing version and especially a pic of you guys using it in camp!

corbin8or

Adventurer
To answer a few questions, yes Hannibal style but when packed away this one is a 6 foot unit on side of rack closed. Open it is 8x8! I have some tweeking to do but it is a working awning. I will have many options in the near future. Sizes and yes it will have optional drop down legs but only for windy conditions so you can stake it down or when you ad the walls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles