Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
Decided to check on how the truck is coming along. Everything is starting to get locked down, tolerances are super tight. Mounts have been beefed up even more, axle has been stuffed to make sure everything works perfectly.
Custom 18" coil overs are on order, and it looks like I'll have enough room for the air tank between to top link and the drive shift! I'll definitely need to get the besides on as the new axle is much wider and I'll need to cover and be able to stuff 35"s. I'm getting more excited as it comes along!
20160908_114432.jpg

Lower link mounts:
20160908_115218.jpg

Stuffed!
20160908_115825.jpg

Panhard setup, also added armor added to the lower diff section.
20160908_115618.jpg

20160908_120301.jpg

Enough room for some decent shocks now:

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
So now it's time for the front end, more changes coming! Having some major maintenance, repairs, and upgrades going on! It's going to be a different truck by the time I get it back. :snorkel:
Ignore the growing pile of parts under the truck...
20160908_115001.jpg

Poor TRD axle, wish I could have kept you :( I'll miss the E-Locker
20160908_115453.jpg

Last edited:

BajaSurfRig

Epic pictures of your trip down through Baja and you have an epic rig! Any chance that you still have your timbren bump stops for the rear? If so I would love to take them off of your hands and check out your rig in person! Also how good of a job does your snorkel pre-filter do in keeping moon dust, silt and dirt out of your actual filter? I am considering getting a snorkel and a pre filter sometime in the near future. Thanks!

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
Epic pictures of your trip down through Baja and you have an epic rig! Any chance that you still have your timbren bump stops for the rear? If so I would love to take them off of your hands and check out your rig in person! Also how good of a job does your snorkel pre-filter do in keeping mood dust, silt and dirt out of your actual filter? I am considering getting a snorkel and a pre filter sometime in the near future. Thanks!

I'll likely be holding on to the timbren stops for a while, they seem to work well for the new setup. If I ever swap out for hydro bumps I'll let you know.

The pre-filter works annoying well. Pretty much never have to change my air filer and the thing itself collects dirt extremely slow. I'm guessing the downward intake direction helps a lot. 80% less bugs in the intake than when I had the ARB.

It's fun hearing people try and guess what the heck they think it is hahaha

Zam15

Explorer
Stopping by the shop tomorrow after nothing happend in September, so I'll either have some juicy updates for October or none at all depending on what parts have been delivered. Have my fingers crossed!

Whitecloud

One day at a time
Stopping by the shop tomorrow after nothing happend in September, so I'll either have some juicy updates for October or none at all depending on what parts have been delivered. Have my fingers crossed!

The truck is looking good. Any updates on the build?

Zam15

Explorer
The truck is looking good. Any updates on the build?

Thanks! The progress is going slow, checked on the truck at the shop today and not much has changed. I'm growing impatient but it's going to be a beast once everything is said and done. Looking like I may not have it back until next year at this rate... Still waiting on the new coilovers.

paranoid56

Adventurer
have you had any issues with the cap cracking with your driving and the RTT? i had issues and had ti build a internal cage to support it lol. rear is looking good

Zam15

Explorer
Update: So my truck is now in worse condition than when I dropped it off 11 months ago. While the truck has been in the shop apparently someone broke in and ripped out my stereo. Including my subwoofer, amplifier, DVD/Nav, and radios. :mad::(

Shop is indicating they'll replace the stolen items. Well see how it goes. My patience can only go so far, still hoping for positive outcome..

May be looking for a new venue in the future. Know anyone that can do decent fabrication work? I'll likely be in the market for an engine cage, rear swing-out bumper, box frame, exo cage? and lots of other little things once I get the truck back. May need to get a DD soon...

have you had any issues with the cap cracking with your driving and the RTT? i had issues and had ti build a internal cage to support it lol. rear is looking good
No issue with she shell itself but I ended up having to brace the bedsides to keep them from spreading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles