Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
So the 9" is done and sitting at the shop, now just waiting for a open window to get her under the torch, so until then it was time for a quick desert run!

Went out to determine if our trail was still accessible but it how now been block by a rock slide.

Zam15

Explorer
Clearly, all overlanders should carry a demolition kit for just such occasions. :sombrero:
Clearly, all overlanders should carry a demolition kit for just such occasions. :sombrero:

Had a ton of flairs, propane, gas, and ammo. Could figure something out :ylsmoke:

Nice axle. Are you planning 4 linking it or welding perches back on it?
3-Link w/Panhard currently planned.

Zam15

Explorer
New rear end finally going in the truck! Starting on the rear end but will eventually work towards the front as well! The beast is growing up. Locked and loaded!
20160812_103639.jpg

20160812_103509.jpg

20160812_103301.jpg

20160812_103119.jpg

20160812_102941.jpg

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
All good things come to those who wait... and I have been waiting forever so hopefully it's going to be very good :ylsmoke:

They have just started an their is lots of work to do...I am going to have a totally different truck when I get it back...

Zam15

Explorer
The setup should turn out similar to "Booger Weldz" rigs, although the current plan is to be a little more reserved on the lift and tire size due to it being a DD and Overland focused rig.... But this rear end should be able to handle up to 1000hp and up to 40" tires :Wow1: So room to grow or just a huge safety margin. This setup also leaves room for a Aux Fuel or water tank in the back along with my air tank next to the top link :)
DSCF4466.jpg

DSCF5838.jpg

DSCF6031.jpg

Last edited:

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
hot Damn.

I just read this entire thread from start to finish. Starting in 2008 to now.

Fantastic stuff. I think the best part is the time line. I do not know many folks that even keep their rigs for 8 years let alone plan and work towards the ultimate goal of the finished product for that whole time line.

I for one can not wait to see the finished product. I suspect at this point you have money cash into your truck then I have into my 2012 when I drove it off the lot new, but I suspect it is more then worth it.

Great job on the build and the thread. Let us know when that beast is back where it belongs on the trails.
I for one have enjoyed going back through time and seeing it grow and take shape.

Best of luck

td

bkg

Explorer
Did you run the numbers through the link calculator? Not trying to be a downer, but that panhard is fairly short... And the upper link isn't triangulated much

Zam15

Explorer
Thanks td!

When I commit to something I feel am in it for the long haul. Hope to have her for another eight years at least, not sure what she will look like by then! Plus it's too late to turn back now! When people ask me how much I have into the truck I tend to change the topic haha

This is my new theme song for this for the build:
There are a lot more changes coming, this was just a sample so stay tuned in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles