Zam15’s Tacoma Build

BajaSurfRig

Hey Zam I have a buddy that is interested in your e locker axle who is local here in SD. Do you still have it?

Zam15

Explorer
The correct LED pods for the bumper finally showed up! These things feel solid and seem to put out some decent light doing a test hookup.

Can't want to see them installed, will likely drop by the shop Wednesday to see how it looks.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
So it looks like the lower links are approximately 40" I believe the stock lowers on say a 4Runner will run about 26"

Passenger side bump stop slide nicely into the V ;)

Tight clearance all around..

LEDs will fit perfect! One nearly fits into the pre-existing cutouts, and the pod will fit perfectly where the ARB logo was, not sure why they had the holes cut out there in the first place but it makes the perfect location for new lights without having to cut out much more than what's already there.

This is what really pissed me off a few weeks back... Should be getting new radios swapped back in however. Just pissed they cut most of the wires and use a crowbar to take the radios making it more of a P.I.T.A. to swap anything back in. :mad:

It was so clean before :(

P.S. Still need ask about the old rear axle.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
Finally had time to toss a quick Baja trip video together! :) No audio so I added some music, feel free to mute if its not your style.
[video]https://youtu.be/ISo624FMAk8[/video]

Zam15

Explorer
Hey Zam I have a buddy that is interested in your e locker axle who is local here in SD. Do you still have it?
Shop says they still have the stock E-Locker axle in the back. I'd let let it go for a decent offer. I would like to sell it off with the Budbuilt traction bar if possible. That alone cost me $450 + welding on the bracket to the axle along with the diff guard I had installed.

On to updates!!! I actually have some this time!
Trucks finally coming together, shocks have been completed by King, bumper is done, bedsides are getting mounted, and the new radiator has arrived!
Real trucks have curves!!

Plenty of room for shocks and 35" now :)

Bumper is done and off to powder coat. general light alignment. Well protected here.

Long travel needs more love

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
Taco front end is getting some love, front diff is getting rebuilt with new all new seals, 4.88s gears and an ARB locker. :smiley_drive:plates.

Custom gusseting/armor on the LCA mounts and skid plates. Similar to the setup here.

Also switchback leds showed up. Should hopefully be able to squeeze these into the clear corner lights, if not I'll fall back on dual filament amber bulbs.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
So I've just hit 30! The first thing I decided to do was go check on the rig. Making some good progress! This is going to be the newest 1st Gen Taco on the road!
Custom black out kings are finally done and they are beautiful! Front end work is going into full gear! Some major bracing, gusseting, and armor being done/made.
New radiator and shroud are ready to go, was able to also able to swap out the horrid chrome grill for a black one. Shell is mounted and looks great! Think the bedsides will give me another camping shelf! haha May line-x the top for some grip.

Frame horn gussets/frame plates!

Cross-member and lower control arm armor/gussets! All to be tied into the skid plate. Just getting started.

Camper shell mounted on new bedsides!

New radiator/shroud!

tyv12

Adventurer
That looks awesome, with that lower crossmember bracing do they do anything special with the alignment cams or are they set up like factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zam15

Explorer
That looks awesome, with that lower crossmember bracing do they do anything special with the alignment cams or are they set up like factory?
When I installed the Long Travel I had cam tab gussets added to prevent the alignment from going out after any wheeling trips. Its a standard mod for these trucks. Whats being added now is some armor/gusset to strengthen the first LCA mount from any direct impacts as well as a mount for the skid plate.

Zam15

Explorer
While the Taco has been down I took the opportunity to do some traveling. So I thought I would post up a few vehicle related shots a took, something other than Tacoma pictures for once haha! Extremely picture heavy!

First off I took some time to tour Toyota's main center in Tokyo. Their vision of the "future" is rather interesting.. I would not mind taking a few of these home however!
Garage to kill for! Like a video game to pick your ride!

Hilux :drool:

Some random vehicle shots

Mini FJ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke