Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
Sequoia NP:
DSC00216RT123.jpg

DSC00216RT167.jpg

DSC00216RT120.jpg

DSC00216RT121.jpg

Fallen Giant Sequoia: Kinda Sad.... The high winds and heavy snow were too much for the old giant to handle.
DSC00216RT129.jpg

DSC00216RT148.jpg

DSC00216RT154.jpg

DSC00216RT176.jpg

DSC00216RT133.jpg

DSC00216RT144.jpg

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
The Kern River:
DSC00216RT51.jpg

DSC00216RT63.jpg

Mono Lake:
DSC00189.jpg

DSC00202-1.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

Manzanar National Monument:
DSC00313.jpg

Mammoth:
DSC00215.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

-Devils PostPile:
DSC00284.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

Last edited:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Wow. Coming from the East coast, I have never seen such a tree. (heard about them of course, and seen pitcures...but) That picture puts it into perspective! Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!

~James

DSC00216RT144.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Zam15

Explorer
The pictures don't do those trees justice.... Just amazing to see them in person.
New picture for the Front Page:
DSC00153-1.jpg

And then I got stuck for the first time shortly after lol
DSC00160-1.jpg

DSC00161-1.jpg

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Good, solid looking rig!

Can you post up some details on the shades you have on the lower part of your Hella lights on your roof rack? I need to do something similar on my IPF's.

Do you have a Thule or Yakima hitch mount bike rack? What do you think of the design of yours? I am going to get one this summer, but the closest place to look at one in person is over 250 miles away, so I have to do all my research online.

Thanks for the info.

Zam15

Explorer
Good, solid looking rig!

Can you post up some details on the shades you have on the lower part of your Hella lights on your roof rack? I need to do something similar on my IPF's.

Do you have a Thule or Yakima hitch mount bike rack? What do you think of the design of yours? I am going to get one this summer, but the closest place to look at one in person is over 250 miles away, so I have to do all my research online.

Thanks for the info.

I actually just modified the standard covers that came with my Hella 500’s. I did it to help with the glare on my windshield and hood. Before cutting the shades I could barely see out my windshield when the lights were on. After cutting them it reduced most of the glare so now it is actually practical to use them. It looks kind of funky with the covers like that…. Hey but at least they work

My bike rack is a BVG Revolution, swing out, hitch rack. I would not recommend this brand…. I bought it used on Craigslist for around $125. Overall for that price it was not a bad deal. I love the swing out feature because it lets me open the back of the truck up without removing the bikes or the rack…. The mounting method used for the bikes on this specific rack is very poor, and I do not like using it off-road.
This rack will also only hold two bikes and you have to buy an extra attachment (that no on sells anymore) to carry four. I would trade it for a Yakima or Thule of the same type in a second. I have seen those in person and the appear to be better build. But the price was out of my range $450? So I just have to be happy with what I have.

-One last thing is that the swing out will hurt your departure angle a bit so be aware of that.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Zam15 said:
I actually just modified the standard covers that came with my Hella 500’s. I did it to help with the glare on my windshield and hood. Before cutting the shades I could barely see out my windshield when the lights were on. After cutting them it reduced most of the glare so now it is actually practical to use them. It looks kind of funky with the covers like that…. Hey but at least they work

Any problems with the heat of the lights melting the half covers?

Zam15

Explorer
Overland Hadley said:
Any problems with the heat of the lights melting the half covers?
I have not tested them for extended periods of time. So I cant be 100% sure it wont get hot enough to melt.

Zam15

Explorer
Its 45x60, the size was fine before I got the RTT but now that its on the cab I might have to do some cutting to make it a little shorter. So that it does not hang over the front so much.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Rack on cab?

How did you mount the rack on the cab? I was under the impression no one made the attachments for load bars on our cabs? thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior