Yokohama Geolander X-MT

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
My Rhino wheels finally arrived and I had the Geo X-MT tires installed in a 35x17. Great looking tire and NOT too much noise. Things that I notice right away, the bumps are easier on the truck and the traction OFFroad is the best I ever had on any set of tires. I love the look, like the ride and the noise well It does not bother me too much since I have a good sound system on the truck...20210416_064724.jpg20210415_131754.jpg20210416_064708.jpg

Attachments

• 20210416_064754.jpg
    20210416_064754.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 51
  • 20210416_064855.jpg
    20210416_064855.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 48

NitroExpress

Observer
I put a set of these in 35x12.5x17 on one of my trucks that see's mostly off road use and is not a daily driver. I would not have considered them on a daily, as they look so aggressive that I assumed the on-road noise level would be unacceptable. I was shocked when I drove it on the highway for the first time. They seem to be some of the quietest aggressive tires I have owned. Of course, the real test is when they get some mileage on them, but for now I've been pleasantly surprised how quiet they are.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I put a set of these in 35x12.5x17 on one of my trucks that see's mostly off road use and is not a daily driver. I would not have considered them on a daily, as they look so aggressive that I assumed the on-road noise level would be unacceptable. I was shocked when I drove it on the highway for the first time. They seem to be some of the quietest aggressive tires I have owned. Of course, the real test is when they get some mileage on them, but for now I've been pleasantly surprised how quiet they are.

...and I AGREE! most people think they are SUPER NOISY, however I do not hear too much noise. To me they are in the same noise Level as the old DURATRAC tires I had up to 70mph. from there on they get louder at 75 mph nothing the sound system cant Mask! Not my daily driver, weekend and trips only...

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Those are aggressive tires. How's their noise on pavement?
Up to 70mph they are not bad...at 75mph they get louder!
I do not mind the noise since I wanted a bullet proof aggressive tire. However their noise level is a lot LOWER then many of their comparators...

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Well I am still very happy with these tires.. I am finally going to North Baja first weekend of November, and I will be driving on Deep Sand, Rocky Roads and good old Black pavement.

I drive 70 to 75 mph on Interestate they make some little noise but it is a good compromise to have a though tire in the Desert at Baja.

As soon as I get back I will report to see how well they did.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The tread voids are the weak link. I had a piece of metal penetrate the void on my Toyo MT's. Instant flat. I was on the freeway and driving to the right shoulder completely destroyed the tire. Since they had 20K on them it was a $700 day for two. The best of the two resides under my truck's bed. Ouch.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
So... did you make it back? How did the MTs handle loose and deep sand? How are they a year on now with more miles burned in?
Yes I did very nice...no noise that I could hear with my music on hwy, rocks no problem, sand ? you need more power to move them on deep sand...
Having said that whould I buy them again? Yes I love their look and have them seen them around too often. Recomended!

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
They are staring to get louder at 60mph, still balance great no flats...and love the traction OFFROAD! Next round will be the Yoko MT G003. They seem to be better overall then the BFG KO2. Plus I will be driving more 80% on pavement! On sand I have to airdown to 12psi to be able to move on deep sand!!!
Still a great tire!!!

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Quick update...took a short trip and they still run very smooth on the Hwy, no issues with noise. 70 to 80 mph. no problems. Still very happy with my tires. Offroad on dirt and some mile rocks they did great. Still love the look!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles