Yetti's 2007 Outfitter Apex project.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I got this installed today, and also added two buss bars. Probably should of done that a long time ago. Mfgr's should do that stock...

The new wall paper Its not holding up well, im not sure I may have to pull it all down and do something else, with the hot/cold tem changes its peeling and bubbling in a lot of spots. It had adhesive on the back, but maybe I should of used a secondary spray one.

The battery I dont think I posted it before, its shiny, pretty and just works..

IMG_20210118_1139227.jpg

The goal was to install them on the rear wall like this, unfortunately none of the OE fittings would of worked and everything would of needed extended about 6 inches... Unless I was going to run all new wire that seemed like a lot of extra work, and adding a short splice is just something else to go wrong.
IMG_20210118_1142285.jpg

So this is the way it ended up. I am not super excited about it being so close to the water pump, all wires have guards though. But ill possibly try to get or source a Plexiglas shield of some sort for the pump.

It reports it all to my phone via a Bluetooth shunt and app. The little display I will eventually install above the fridge with the rest, but thats a pain. And will just wait until I replace the fridge.

IMG_20210118_1523560.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Screen shots of the settings, from the phone app.
2247f7f61c21f443f78df959da66eb20.jpg
487c22d307c7ec82a4f3bd421c00a8f6.jpg
4931eee685cede42f7bf36f7f36ccc71.jpg
4bd330a9e6f190dc8b06d7e06178fb02.jpg

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Jack,

Thanks! Yeah, I look forward to seeing the system during heavy usage, normally this is the week im at a freezing dog sled event every year. Unfortunately it has been canceled do to C19.

Hope you are still on the road, and enjoying life and remote areas!

Happy tails and Safe travels
Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote.
With my entertainment and navigation multitool.

Contract AEMT, Firefighter, MCPIC,Remote Medic, Safety Manager.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I saw this on an TCM article, and decided It seemed like a great idea over the old petcocks. It folds up and fits in there well.

* Hot Water Heater Drain. the spigot i placed on the end would fit a standard garden hose, because I like having options haha
fcdf5905d814ad627c4363ec5b81066c.jpg
7e63096d1d0890ca88e7a0ab9ae8f1c7.jpg
abacceb08ec4b296d18258597d1962ab.jpg

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Nice, always hated pulling the anode rod to drain the HW heater in my previous campers. is that from the pressure valve? I’m assuming you still have the anode rod.

Jack

There are two mfgrs of RV water heaters,

Suburban- who use porcelain lined steel tanks. They require an anode rod.

Atwood, uses aluminum tanks. So they don't require one. Or so I have been told, ( https://www.truckcampermagazine.com...ou-need-an-anode-rod-in-your-rv-water-heater/ " The Atwood manual says not to use one, so far I have not had any trouble, but have only had my new 5er a few years.

so that's how I have been operating haha. My first 5er had the Suburban, and i would go through one a year fulltiming.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
There are two mfgrs of RV water heaters,

Suburban- who use porcelain lined steel tanks. They require an anode rod.

Atwood, uses aluminum tanks. So they don't require one. Or so I have been told, ( https://www.truckcampermagazine.com...ou-need-an-anode-rod-in-your-rv-water-heater/ " The Atwood manual says not to use one, so far I have not had any trouble, but have only had my new 5er a few years.

so that's how I have been operating haha. My first 5er had the Suburban, and i would go through one a year fulltiming.
That makes sense. I guess mine were all Suburban based as they had anode rods.

I would have been happy to not have to deal with them.
Jack

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Whats the bundutec have?

Happy tails and Safe travels
Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote.
With my entertainment and navigation multitool.

Contract AEMT, Firefighter, MCPIC,Remote Medic, Safety Manager.

GarrettR

Not much working room.
1c92f0f48eb1e218b4ad6fab73191f4f.jpg
07bc82b6b901aa8bb9d25826135e05f8.jpg

Hey! This thread has been GREAT to read. Great job!

Fellow Outfitter 9.5 owner here, and I am going through this same problem on my rig.

Both valves are stuck and I have to use an Allen key to open them. The black is not too difficult to do but the gray almost break my arm getting to. I am going to have to change the electric valves and switch to a mechanical one.

It looks like the easy fix is to put a slide on the black and use the "main" valve to lock off the gray. but this is not quite ideal either. I like to "rinse" the black out with my soapy gray!

How did you install the gate for your gray and where does it come out at? Any tips for getting in there? I see you made an access panel. That might be a necessity!

Great read, Thanks for posting!Camper (1).jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
GarrettR

Thanks, its been a project but i have been happy with the purchase.

I am glad to hear that its been able to help others out.

Have you removed the inner step? That's where you'll have the best access to the basement.

The grey is the only one that I have replaced. The access hole was already there. Also, just cut the pipe and get the flex rubber boot. It will make it easier for you and save some time. However the gate is in the same place as the original one.

I used a different brand, for the electrics which are rebuildable, but made it a lot harder as they are physically larger than the ones that were originally installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles