Yetti's 2007 Outfitter Apex project.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thanks guys! I will try that, even the taggers paint came off easier. I have a secondary interview in Bend this weekend so will be loading it up and taking it down for the weekend. I have a few follow up projects id like to finish on it, but that dang tape just bothers me more and more.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thank you for all the suggestions guys! It has been raining for the last week straight, and dumped last weekend. I have some projects I want to get done, like trying those suggestions to remove the tape sticky. I will be out with her this weekend working another Spartan race, I also need to reinstall the front vent cover that the bend wind ripped off a few weekends ago. My fault though, i installed w/ self taping screws when i know it probably needed tiny bolts.

In between rain storms, i installed torklifts new step holder. I got it for my birthday a few weeks ago, it was missing some parts. However Torklift overnighted them to me, after an email. They are a great company. I used to just let them swing, and had a bungee strap around them as i never quite trusted the gravity strap to hold.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/stow-n-go

Excuse the mess, in between storms. Install was easy, and this is a nice tight fit.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
After a very wet and rainy weekend working a med contract, I am still loving this thing. It was awesome to have a warm comfy place after a wet event, and able to take a hot shower. The rear step holder, is awesome!!! almost one of those things that leaves you like " How did i live w/o this..." Have a bit of a shower leak to figure out, and replace the front vent cover still.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Finally a nice day, beautiful during the week. And yesterday it pours all day. Today sunny and 75. Got the vent cover back up, I knew it would be a bit of a challenge. With the top down, hhad to thread the bolts in. Raise the top, and pull the fan/ and vent apart removing the cover, and fan blades, and cowling. I then had to use vice grips to hold the bolts whilst I used a ratchet wrench to tighten enough, of course I could only go so far. After which I had to put the watcher wrench on the end of the bolt, and finish. A bit of a doing. As no possible way to hold the outside and and tighten, I used locking nuts. Should not have an issue again.

Did some work on the shower, I think I may have found the leak....a hols for the water line for the toilet. More silicone there, and also around the sink faucet. Could not really replicate, but those to be weak spots.

I'll also try to do some painting touch ups on the lift system, and stove.

I store it at mums, as I don't have a place for it where I live. Found it like this, haha

But am glad I got some of those projects knocked out.
Thanks mum.
c95ab254b1ee3b25a228042e1a7f8902.jpg

Sent from somewhere remote on my BlackBerry

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Came up in another sub forum, so thought I would share the under bed storage this thing has, as well as the slide out bunk/storage.

And as you can see, another project. replace that mattress and pad system.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I repainted the entire stove, and top and the lift system with about 4 coats of some white enamel paint. Ill eventually use the entire can, and call it good....its a small can and taking a long time. Plus paint the lift system when its up, and also when its down.

I also used some eternabond tape over the roof vents, the flange and screws. Wont have to worry a bout them again. The tape works really well, does not require the maintenance that the sealant does. So i use it when ever i can. I will do the same thing on my Fiver.

Accrete

Explorer
Greetings PNW Yeti, just finished reading your thread as I do research on the Outfitter units.

My wife & I retired and moved from the Astoria area after ~33 years of life on the Oregon coast. Now that we are full time in the SW we’re looking at adventure rig version 3.0 :) and the Outfitter is on a very short list of what we think might work well for our needs. We’ve got an appointment on June 12th at the Outfitter facility to get a first hand look.

The biggest Q for us is choosing the right size PU & TC model as we are starting from ground up.

Happy Trails!
Thom

Full time in our two van convoy...
9C04132F-8358-41FB-88A8-77FB6ECCB730-e1559410210329.jpeg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Greetings PNW Yeti, just finished reading your thread as I do research on the Outfitter units.

My wife & I retired and moved from the Astoria area after ~33 years of life on the Oregon coast. Now that we are full time in the SW we’re looking at adventure rig version 3.0 :) and the Outfitter is on a very short list of what we think might work well for our needs. We’ve got an appointment on June 12th at the Outfitter facility to get a first hand look.

The biggest Q for us is choosing the right size PU & TC model as we are starting from ground up.

Happy Trails!
Thom

Full time in our two van convoy...
9C04132F-8358-41FB-88A8-77FB6ECCB730-e1559410210329.jpeg

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have! As you have read, mine was not in the best of shape. But I am happy with it after some love. It held up well considering all the abuse from its previous life. I have already had it out the last two weekends as well.

I would go with a 1 ton, single rear wheel. I am a little over my GVRW. The upgraded suspension, gearing, airbags, shocks, leafsprings, chip, cold air intake, etc have helped. I've never felt like it's out of control- w/ the ceramic breaks.

I also am not afraid to downshift my automatic truck.

Mine is a gas truck, as the Duramax and Allison was a 10K$ option, and I figured I could buy a lot of gas for that. Which I have, and the gas engines are lighter, which is easier on the components.

I look forward to seeing what you go with.

I will pull the conventional toilet out, and replace with a casette- eventually.

Sent from somewhere remote on my BlackBerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles