Yetti's 2007 Outfitter Apex project.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Work has been taking all my time and then some, tis the season. It has also been getting into the low 40's at night so after work last night, and to make it more fun by headlamp-i drained any water that was left in the tank. This things has a massive fresh water tank, 44gallons. I had left maybe 20 in there as i was supposed to be using it last weekend and that did not pan out. I will use the compressor off my truck to completely winterize it this week sometime. Im not thinking ill be able to use it until after Argentina. I did add the table top/map cover though. My table is a goofy size, i chose to go smaller vs too big.

Pre and Post

IMG_20180925_1854492.jpgIMG_20180925_1859448.jpgIMG_20180925_1929175.jpgIMG_20180925_1929484.jpg

The map is a little crooked and has a few bubbles but not bad, and it actually just peels off again.

this one -
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FKBCPC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the one in my 5er-
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00408AAB2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I always said, I would not be one of the people who put stickers on their rv, or if i did it would only be on a door, so it could be easily replaced. BUT since this one came that way, maybe ill add a few...

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I do want to eventually pull the standard rv toilet out and put in a cassette toilet- which means the access would probably be right in the middle off all those.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well in the office this morning, i found some of the research I was doing on truck campers- looking at Northstar 850sc's. ( like I was a huge truck camper nerd)

This is a picture of that model of camper on the same flatbed I have on my truck, and later on- with a crew cab fuso. I was looking at the difference in the cab space on the outfitter vs the Northstar- on the same flatbed.
004-1.jpgnorthstar-flatbed-2.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well i winterized it, it came with a cover so figured may as well use it. The dog thinks it is an awesome new Dog House. I have some plans for it this winter, Ill be on 4:10's when i get back from Argentina. IMG_20181015_1155342.jpgIMG_20181015_1155422.jpgIMG_20181015_1739417.jpg

sertguy

Observer
I always said, I would not be one of the people who put stickers on their rv, or if i did it would only be on a door, so it could be easily replaced. BUT since this one came that way, maybe ill add a few...[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing too but, my kids had loved picking out stickers for the camper. Now the wife loves it.
fef8b11d3439e023e460b5f05480c51e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Sertguy,

haha right!? Its kind of cool, always glad to see another Outfitter. I have seen you on the forums before, do you have a thread i could check out? I took a friend and her daughter to the coast a few months back, and they both also liked the sticker pick and place.

sertguy

Observer
Sertguy,

haha right!? Its kind of cool, always glad to see another Outfitter. I have seen you on the forums before, do you have a thread i could check out? I took a friend and her daughter to the coast a few months back, and they both also liked the sticker pick and place.

I don’t have a thread but have really enjoyed yours. I wish you were closer so I could come check it out. I have used mine a lot and it’s going to need some of the major work/maintenance you’ve been doing. So I may be picking your brain in the near future.

Sean

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I don’t have a thread but have really enjoyed yours. I wish you were closer so I could come check it out. I have used mine a lot and it’s going to need some of the major work/maintenance you’ve been doing. So I may be picking your brain in the near future.

Sean

Sean- Feel free to pick my brain anytime, I dont know if ill have the answers or not, but will try. Maybe a good time to start a thread, haha

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I added a Anderson connection to the rear of the flat bed to marry up to the one on the camper, faster charging when driving. There is an isolater on the batteries, which separates the campers from my Anderson connection when my truck is not running. I am planning on getting it out this weekend for a quick jaunt, and wanted to try some things before it actually gets cold and i need it. I am looking at working a dog sled race in late January, and planning to stay in her for it. And planning some snowshoeing at crater lake, and general winter wanders. Taking advantage of the 4:10's as we have them.

I will still have to do a little " jumper/adapter" so the connections can meet, but figured that was better then trying to splice the under bed one for 2ft of cable. I also did a few smaller thing like re label the T stat, and water heater, a few switches and the tank capacities. This thing has a huge fresh tank a whopping 44 gallons, or wait for it.....so a little under 374ibs. I dont think I will spend much time, with it full. 1/2 tank is plenty of water but its good to have the option.

IMG_20181218_1533191.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well I built the " jumper/ adapter today: to go from the camper to the plug on my truck. Soldered the ends, crimped and electrical taped, along with taping the entire length. Even though, they were already insulated battery cable wires. She's solid now! Haha.

And if I could get the pictures to upload from my phone I'd do that...

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well I built the " jumper/ adapter today: to go from the camper to the plug on my truck. Soldered the ends, crimped and electrical taped, along with taping the entire length. Even though, they were already insulated battery cable wires. She's solid now! Haha.

And if I could get the pictures to upload from my phone I'd do that...
Lets try this, IMG_20181220_1716281.jpegIMG_20181220_1326436.jpeg

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I took her out for a cold and rainy PNW weekend, doing some hiking and camping along the Columbia River Gorge. She preformed great, every time i use it I am just a little happier and more impressed with it. The Anderson connectors worked great, I trust them and the battery isolater now. Although it senses the incoming voltage, and only connects when its above 13 volts. The first few nights I was unplugging it every night, not so by the end. The coldest it got was about 26, and it had no issue keeping up with the T stat at 65. The first few nights I set it as low as it would go about 55. I say night, but was parked from dark to dark all weekend. By the second night, I would turn the heater on about an hour before I was going to be parked for the night. Runs fine whilst driving, I am confident now I could of filled the fresh water tank and just left the heater on, I was just using a water jug though and dumped some deicer in the black tank.

I look forward to eventually installing a cassette toilet. I was worried about the battery and propane usage, so had an extra 20# BBQ tank with me just in case but never needed/used it. At the end of the weekend I topped the tank off and it only took 2 gallons, of a 4 gallon tank. I was not sure the size of the horizontal tank installed in the camper, the propane guy said its would take 4 gallon, I also learned the gauge on it is not great. Although i dont know if any of them work that well, except the ones on our forklifts seem to work well. In the future if im not filling the tanks, i doubt ill use the forced air heater and use the big buddy heater instead.

I was a little worried about the battery's as well, After lights, ( all LED) and running the furnace all night they dropped from 12.6 to 12.1, so actually pretty good i think? Even though I full time in an RV, i have never paid that close of attention to the batteries in my 5er, and am usually hooked up. I could watch the gauge drop to 11.7 when the blower was running, but it always came back up to 12+ once it shut off. The standard rv gauge just said 3/4 full. And at that, if i install the remote start in my truck I could just run it for 1/2 hour and charge the batteries back up again. Since I was driving every day did not need to though. I would still like to drop in 300 watts of solar eventually.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I am looking for one of these, I have to take some measurements this weekend, but may* have a line on one to install, IF it fits, and i can get a good price.

https://www.thetford.com/product/c220-cassette-toilets/

Also ordered some new parts for the top and lift system to replace/rebuild some that are warn out, and that i think need it. At one point i think the " previous Owner" fixed where the sliding arms bolt to the steel frame, but the bolts are long, and they have spacers crammed in there. Just seems kinda hinky, and not stock.

Its not looking like i will be working the dog sled race now, so I probably wont need it for that weekend.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
You can see where the top does not line up correctly. We will see if the parts I replace make a difference or not. It has not caused any issues, but I see some metal shavings, so got a rebuild kit where the crank handle goes in. And will mark on the frame where all the way down is as well. When I had the kayaks on the top I don't remember the gap. I am learning all I can about the lift system, and how to maybe adjust it. When the roof is up, it does go to the driver side a few inches off square in the rear.
ed1e7e9401d15f0fac48c24beb7612b0.jpg
5567b6b0e1ee02bb9f496e7042ac9b12.jpg
aec292ea557db4d55b0677b296065479.jpg
1800028c2e872d8700d245977d00b200.jpg
9f18a08ac9430b6fcfc5b60b992738e8.jpg

Sent from somewhere remote on my BlackBerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke