Yetti's 2004 Chevy 2500

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Did not take any pictures, as it's been snowy and cold- so just wanted to get stuff done. Replaced the radiator, it was pretty easy. And also replaced the tensioner pulley for the AC- it was shot, pretty bad. Everynow and again my truck would squeal, but never consistent enough for me to worry about it, and about twice a year it'd dump the ac belt. Also, an easy replacement,

Sent from somewhere remote on my BlackBerry

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I also added new seat covers, my driver side seat was worn out, and had some holes. The rest not used much were still pretty much new. To fix this i got a gel cushion topper for each side, and then placed the new covers on top. This, keeps every thing nice and tight. I also have seat heaters i wanted to install under the covers, however they are three piece units and that was not going to work. Ill post pictures after work of the finished product.

I wanted to do something different, and wanted heaters cause, well.....they do help the sore bones and muscles. I looked as pulling a set of seats out of a wrecked rig, however everything i found was hovering around the $1k mark. I got this set up for $200, and does all the same things! I am happy with it, the seat heaters were on amazon, for about $30/piece. They also have a 45min timer so will shut off if you forget to do so. ( that was one of my biggest concerns) I still have to install the secondary fuse block, re install the radios ( CB, YEaseu 8900r, Bearcat scanner) and ill add a new 3 spot, power outlet.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Finished product, I'm happy with it. May be kinda goofy, but fully functional and everything I wanted.
4ff059eb67ef645e12930d8f57efba2a.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Excuse the mess, part 1 of radio installation. Still need to add the 3 port aux power ports, and the secondary fuse box.

Small chunks at a time, as I am on a different work schedule this week and am getting time in the afternoon before the temp drops again. CB, and ham.
2697e60cac2cff8085024b1aac08d323.jpg
97a81764ff6eed313d4981800452ef1c.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Got the fuse box mounted, up high behind the gas pedal. Won't get in my way at all, and everything wired in. Wrapped the loom in electrical tape, for the entire run to the second battery. Also wired in the extra cigarette plugs for the heated seats. Re coated the wood sides, and deck of the flatbed. Will try and get the add a leaf springs installed tomorrow after work. Have to head to bend this weekend.

I am not happy with how the paint on the bed turned out. I painted my entire stock trailer with that same black flex seal last weekend. If it holds up I'll do the same for the flat bed. Or will go back to the original rustoleium flat back. For the bed and bumper. I'll try and post a pic if the little stock trailer I painted it with.
33f11b828113ac3b1c6b2031d00b28d4.jpg
55539df80a9bfc21877bb988f3b912fc.jpg
0ed2d67445b04f96b6531daae73605ec.jpg
dd8e4fa6676ea5a15d68de64a02ab0a9.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I put a 15amp fuse for the CB, 30 for the outlets and 20 amp for the yeaseu 8900R ham. I have no idea if that's right or not.....

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Got everything installed, put the last lug nuts on with the sun hitting the horizon line. As you can tell the tie bolt was not long enough, after a call to some auto parts stores, and the dealer I was out of luck. I was a little cranky Skyjacker had not included new ones if they were needed, and the instructions said to use the SkyJacker included tie bolts. So after a quick trip to the hardware store, i found a f inch long 3/8 bolt and ran it all the way through, including the bottom mount.

After some thought, i realized it should* not hurt anything to be hard mounted as the u bolts take all the pressure, and the tie bolt keeps things centered. So..time will tell, ill post a pic later today.

I will be in Bend this weekend for an interview/ orientation so will have the camper on. After a story about my brothers U bolt's coming loose a month latter( he used a massive Air Wrench even), all i had was electric and a breaker bar/ cheater bar 1/2 drive. Ill check before i take off and once again when i get to bend.

I also managed to break my new craftsman 1./2, and this was only taking the lug nuts off w/o a breaker bar. I know i am not that strong any more....

Luckily even though Craftsman sold the company that bought them is still honoring the warranty and our local Ace hardware juts switched me out! I love companies like that, Craftsman, Leatherman, Osprey, Torklift, etc

My small stock trailer project. I recently coated all of it with black Flex Seal. Its definitely a 10ft paint job, but considering I did not try that hard I am happy with it. You can see i still have to finish the top, and fenders. That little trailer has had a pretty hard life, I bought it from my high school ag teacher, and it had been " fixed" by kids learning to weld, wire, etc for at least 20 years. I remember learning in it, not to mention hooked to may a tractor for tractor driving and backing class. Replaced all the wood slats with steel, lights, etc a little at a time. I slathered that coating on thick, and did not even bother to sand the old stuff off the roof. Its all a bit of an experiment. If it holds up well, I will do the same but with much more care on my Bumper and Flatbed.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I also had a new bushing kit, for the leafs on the rear. They were so tight, and in good enough shape I could not get them out. So, good enough! The entire thing took me about two hours and that included going to town, and getting new bolts.

Speaking of which, when i went to break down the Skyjacker box, there were two new tie bolts between the layers of cardboard wall......... ill keep them as spares..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior