Yetti’s Pacific North West Exploration & Expeditions Picture heavy

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Day 2, 50K and 1/2 Marathon.

Today it's snowing and 30 degrees. At Smith Rock State Park.

The trailer belongs to Adventure Medics, one of 4 of the small trailers and RTT combos, filled with a mobile medical tent, equipment. They are one of my favorite companies to work for. Based out of Bend Oregon, they provide remote, and speciality medis's. Rope rescue teams for fires, motorcycle mounted medics, trading, C-19 screening, First aid/ CPR, WFR training and certifications, and a few other things. Including Inter department transports in Washington. We can scale down to a light BLS team, all the way up to a mobile 6 bed tent, w/ a mobile ER room in the back of a fifth wheel.

When I'm back at base, I'll take some pics of the equipment we have, honestly it's awesome. Haha the local paper described Adventure Medics as Point Break mashed up to ER.

Today's hours will be much the same unfortunately. But probably my last one for the year w/ them.
50bdc5c0e78c4799b6eae811d5669536.jpg
c2e7dcc08457dc1fa200e2556eedf967.jpg
561018920d32b19dd5057dcdff8ef7c4.jpg
077089c36e559c617b62c57ffb87e2a6.jpg

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Was feeling a little under the weather, so only took a little detour and got back home yesterday.

After the long days, and packing up, and restocking equipment at base I was in bed early and slept like a dead log. Until about 6am, from there I opened up my Google maps and strung a few of my pins together.

Headed into Painted Hills National Monument, I was the only one there, and left fresh tracks in the snow.

From then, it was a lot of time towns and two lanes- my favorite kind of journey.

78a2729754ea1c12190833f2a5bf115f.jpg
82e3e7db28ccffc96cfca893bab8fceb.jpg
0e1bc18f39f8b70d8b60b95f059a4c54.jpg
b43e648425628c27e1b38c1dfd2779e2.jpg
95d87c56446da4177ea811bbecaff75c.jpg
d09ff41b2d7eddb040bddd994327d296.jpg
286abd9328f6513bdb3d22ae1e4d2771.jpg
ba56fc02bf7fd26adf9510c2b4df893a.jpg
8bead9205ace0312037030d0863bad51.jpg

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
What is the white trail. I assume not snow given I see no snow around the trail.

Also what was the point pics. They were pretty.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Ittog,

Thats the weird thing!! It is snow, it was 18f out. Best I can figure, the thermal mass of the ground was warm enough it melted on the ground, but the raised surfaces like the board walks, had enough air gap to prevent it from melting.

Point pics, I'm not following?

Happy tails and Safe travels
Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote.
With my entertainment and navigation multitool.

Contract AEMT, Firefighter, MCPIC,Remote Medic, Safety Manager.

ITTOG

Ittog,

Thats the weird thing!! It is snow, it was 18f out. Best I can figure, the thermal mass of the ground was warm enough it melted on the ground, but the raised surfaces like the board walks, had enough air gap to prevent it from melting.

Point pics, I'm not following?

Happy tails and Safe travels
Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote.
With my entertainment and navigation multitool.

Contract AEMT, Firefighter, MCPIC,Remote Medic, Safety Manager.
Oops, that is the problem with reviewing on a mobile phone. On computer it looks more like snow. I guess I didn't realize you were in a thermal area.

Point was supposed to be pink. On my phone it looked like you took a picture of something pink. On the computer, it looks like a pixelated picture.
pink.png

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Weird: I'll get on the computer: was more shots of the scenery, I'm not sure why its doing that. But it's also showing it on my phone like that now.

I believe, it had not been cold enough, long enough for the ground temp to allow to snow to sit.

I'll try and edit: to fix those pink photos.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
ok, so Egegik.

This was *for the 2020 Season May-August*

as I am sure you can imagine, bringing in 3k people from foreign countries, to work in remote Alaska takes some doing. Now add C19 on top of all of that, and its a party..

The Alaska model deserves way more press and makes for a great study. They were stringent on it.

The individual must test -, before getting into the states. We required the more accurate PCR dual NPA schwab. Coined the term brain schwab.

The person tests - , ok we rented out an hotel in Seattle. All personal stay there for 3 -5 days, for a strict QT, meals delivered, etc 1 person per room. and get a test. If the test comes back negative, they can continue to their next step. To their assigned location in Alaska, the company required all persons to wear a mask anytime out of their rooms. ( for travel, as leaving rooms was forbade, and a termination offense) and switch masks every plane/airport during travel.

* NOTEWORTHY, TSA staff wear the same gloves in-between breaks, and most reused them for an entire shift* .... remember this when we dive into the data

Once they get to their assigned location, they are placed in their shared bunkrooms/houses and will remain there for 14 days. Each cohort group is tracked, and assigned number. 6 days in, personal get another and hopefully their last c19 test. Each cohort is also to remain in their assigned location, no wandering around the site. And no one can leave the private property even when tested -, the city was patrolling with guards.

I preformed 460 tests. We would then pack the samples in ice, and charter a private flight from Bristol bay to Bremerton Washington, where a courier would pick the samples up and hand deliverer them to the lab. We needed them to the lab no longer then 24 hours, and being tested in under 48 hours. There is a little wiggle room there but not much. Most samples arived in 12. I wanted to samples there as quickly as possible to maintain the specimen. Alaska did not have any labs that were approved for non resident uses. All companies bringing personal in Alaska had to submit a plan, to the state. Fish, oil, etc

it was about 10k/flight just to get the samples to the lab. Not including testing fees, prices of kits, my time, etc The cost to pay employees for their QT time, entire hotel rental, etc for 3k employees, cleaning supplies, suits, a few extra million just for this company.

I flew in with the first team per usual, myself the site electrician, 2 mechanics, and the freezer tech. We had to get the entire site up and running, water, electricity, etc prior to upcoming staff followed by processor crews. The first 11 days w/ the skeleton crew was amazing.

We will deep dive, and have barley touched the c19 protocol, if you have any questions as always just ask em,

the site and Xena mostly wintered well, still Ice floating in the water and shade, but most melted.

We were not welcome, the city did not want us there and made sure we knew it...

IMG_20200501_1254118.jpgIMG_20200501_1455300.jpgIMG_20200501_1521051.jpgIMG_20200503_1112146.jpgIMG_20200503_1114325-panorama.jpgIMG_20200503_1116592.jpgIMG_20200503_1117140.jpgIMG_20200504_1313203.jpgIMG_20200506_1702485.jpgUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1588343206917_6661994266147801341.jpeg

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
This was *for the 2020 Season May-August, in Egegik Alaska*

1st Gen Test Kit, these changed a lot, based on research, and supplies.
1st gen, used a 6inch cotton tipped sampler. ( Qtip)

IMG_20200507_1816040.jpg

I was taken to another village to do testing for the company, This guy talked about how c19 is faked by the government to increase tax's and weaken true Americans….. He asked if i was armed, and then offered to let me borrow one if his pistols since we aren't allowed to have any on site.....i declined. Also the only pilot i have seen taxi and text on his phone, the way back i sat up front and he asked me to take the yoke so he could get some emails out.. Lots of small planes, although not the smallest at all.
IMG_20200511_0958235.jpg

IMG_20200511_1104383.jpg

The Egegik river is quite tidal, still prior to crowds showing up. The sun never sets, and the beauty is never ending.
IMG_20200520_0647180.jpg

the Deco bay is one of our Tenders
IMG_20200520_0650055.jpg

Remote medicine........build a cooler for biohazard samples .... we had some ordered, but USPS flagged the empty coolers and sent them back, as they were labeled Biohazard and the lids were in a separate shipment, I found out as we were going to backload the mail plane w/ the samples.. with warming samples in hand and a plane running on the runway it was time to make do w/ materials from LED light packaging.
IMG_20200522_0713364.jpg

IMG_20200522_0713402.jpg

Xena, she would it there for hours and stare.....to be fair there is 10 feet of space, the entire facility is built on a pier.... we do have wild animals, and ghosts and who knows what else.

IMG_20200522_1049233.jpg

IMG_20200522_1052296.jpg

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic

Face coverings, and masks required at all times. The site is still a skeleton crew, but we start getting 40a day/ ish

This mum fox has kits and she becomes quite a fixture around site. Getting very friendly, this is whom Xena "tracks" from above on the docks and walkways. She would enter under the infirmary and could get to her den all under the facility, but would pop up more as she got more comfortable. I had more pics of her I wanted to upload, all taken the same time with the same phone, but expo says they are too large...

IMG_20200602_0749584.jpgIMG_20200603_0835149.jpg

I wish, having my radio outside the shower was not necessary, I cant count the number of times id get a location request and have to answer " my shower"
IMG_20200608_2033243.jpg

Attachments

• received_248294863096675.jpeg
    received_248294863096675.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic

I was excited to get an exam table. May seem silly, but they are really nice to have, it was strapped to the deck of a catcher vessel in Seattle and came up via the inside passage, and around the Aleutians. As you can probably imagine, some procedures are easier from a provider standpoint with a well equipped table. Quite the luxury,

20200705_193906.jpg

I have hundreds of pictures of this board, i had a digital version. But the low tech visual worked great, at times the team would meet multiple times a day around this board as standards, C19+, new cohort groups moved in and needed shuffled.
IMG_20200610_0646111.jpg

The Office dogs, this is Scout the site managers dog.
IMG_20200614_1618129.jpg

Lilly the office managers dog.
IMG_20200614_1619039.jpg

Masks, a friend made this one and sent it to me, a nurse in Seattle.
IMG_20200615_1134360.jpg

the town cat, " Tits" i dont have much of a story as to why she got that name. Probably cause she loves to lay on your chest, or generally be distracting and get in the way.
IMG_20200615_1137035.jpg

It was a battle, to always have a face covering. We ordered two tin cans ( 40ft shipping containers) of masks, but they were slow to get there. Sourcing was never easy, the company provided two of these buffs for all personal.
IMG_20200615_1240444.jpg

Making room for the exam table
IMG_20200616_1230264.jpg

The board again.....
IMG_20200621_0826126.jpg

Each location also had to have 1 bunkhouse that was always "open/available" for + patients, a Alaska State mandate.
More on that later, we were the first site up and running, and helped write the plans for the state. The governors aid, and a few Alaska, CDC, and the national WMD doc showed up for a surprise visit to inspect our location and ask pick our brains about the plan....

These were some important people there

"
A delegation of state and federal medical officials is traveling around Bristol Bay today. Among them is the state’s chief medical officer, Dr. Anne Zink, Chief of Staff to the governor Ben Stevens, and Dr. Alex Eastman, senior medical operations officer with the Department of Homeland Security. The group is visiting three seafood processing plants and meeting with local health professionals, as well as city and tribal leaders, all while social distancing.
The first stop is Dillingham, where the group will meet with a health team at Kanakanak hospital and discuss the region’s medical needs as the fishing season approaches. Norm Van Vactor, the CEO of the Bristol Bay Economic Development Corporation, sees this as a “fact finding” trip.
“They’ll have an opportunity to tour the boat yards and see what the largest boat yard in Bristol Bay looks like with boats, you know, not six feet apart but six inches apart in many cases, and where people will be quarantining on these vessels,” he said.
After touring Peter Pan Seafoods in Dillingham, the delegation will fly to Egegik, where they will visit the health clinic and tour Icicle Seafood’s processing plant. Currently, he said, Egegik doesn’t have a health aide.
“So that’s an example, I think, too, and will speak volumes as to why we’re so concerned, right? We have a health clinic but we have no health capacity. We don’t have personnel,” Van Vactor said.
Van Vactor said the trip is a chance for the group to see the reality of the situation in the three places they’re visiting. He says that communities have been asking the state for support for months and are just now starting to see an increase in testing capacity.
“I’m hoping that once they see things first-hand, that we will start to see some action from the state. That we will start to see more COVID testing equipment come into the region. That we potentially will see some National Guard assistance to help local law enforcement with enforcing quarantine,” he said.
The delegation’s final stop will be in Naknek-King Salmon, where the group will visit Silver Bay Seafoods. They will also participate in a community meeting at the Bristol Bay Borough assembly, where residents in the region can call in and ask questions. That meeting will be aired on KDLG 670 AM and KMXT 100.1 FM.
"

as Mentioned," Egegik has a public health clinic, but not staffed". The only medical person for a few hundred miles was myself, working for a private company.

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Did I miss what all of this is for? Are you working on some event?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you, good call out. This is in regards to the 2020 season, and my contract deployment to Egegik, my second season there. As the site Safety manager and Remote Medic. I also, went back and added the location and date to the previous posts.

After contract last year, I was just so fried after 6 months straight of C19 work. And frankly, just did not have much of an interest in revisiting it. Once i got home the plan was to get the dog, load up the truck and camper and spend a month, checked out in the 4 corners area. with Courdel going MIA ( we now know( think) taken from our property) that did not happen. It took me a little longer to reset than normal.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94