Yetti’s Pacific North West Exploration & Expeditions Picture heavy

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Looks like a fantastic trip.
BigBuilder- Thank you I am excited to continue to bring the rest of the trip to this forum.

Looking forward to it. I too have been keeping track of those sites. I finally caved and signed up for FB for predominately that group.

Jack
Jack- Well Social Media, much like many things can be as good or bad as you let it be. There are plenty on the page that have real life advice, and extensive experience, and less who are keyboard warriors. ( the Pawley brothers Kp, Jordan, Alex, The Calders( who have a chevy like ours down there) and many more,etc will be a great resource) it can also be good if you just want to keep your family up to date. The majority of people you meet on the road will tell you the social media had made it possible to connect and meet up with others on the road, and has been a mostly positive thing. I saw an article on your truck a few days ago, and was going to share it into the group- but did not want to step on toes.

I did daily updates on my social media, I will copy and paste those highlights and fill in the details. I will also post the link to my public " Adventure 2018 Album" so anyone can preview.

https://www.facebook.com/pawleyranch/media_set?set=a.10215169884029807&type=3

As you recall, I had a tire to replace. We thought in the security of the hostal. A place where the moto district is a short walk away, and uber and uber eats are only a few clicks away. A great place to learn, with crowd sourced wisdom and lots of hands to help.

November 4th

Well, the rear tire has been replaced, and put back on. Took entirely longer with more people then expected. Now, the rats nest of wiring will get some attention in the morning. My brother and i have done plenty of tire changes, on bicycles, on trucks, on tractors. This Heidenau tire, was a bear! It took about 5 hours, with a few beers each and 5 people helping. Breaking the bead, learned a trick using the kickstand of the other KLR and weight to work around the rim, worked well! We knew it would be good practice fir when we needed to change it in the back country. We eventually got the old tire off, tube removed and new tire and tube back on. At this point we needed to reset the bead. With no air compressor at the hostal and the gas station mapped I strapped the tire and rim to the back of the La Perla Negra( Kps bike) and off I went. Found the gas station with not much fus, and survived my second time ever riding through traffic.

The air compressors at the gas stations here are awesome, its all digital, and free. Type in the pressure you need, lock on the chuck and press start and the machine does the rest! We sure are missing out in the states. Max pressure is 50psi, so I started there. Typed it in, hit start and stood back, waiting to hear the satisfying "pop" alerting me to the bead being set. No dice,

ok, well more pressure- 60, and start. And no dice, weird, so i figure ( also its Santiago Chile and a beautiful 80 degrees,in full moto gear) must need shifted, I deflate, bounce it like a basket ball in case something needs shifted- and try again at 60. No go,
cant hear any leaks, its taking air fine. So i dial up 70psi, and try again. Apart from being a fire fighter, I work as a risk manager and have seen tires blow before. So i put my helmet back on, and place the moto between the filling tire and myself. And start, this goes on until the pump max"s out at 100psi. Personally deflated, drenched and dripping sweat I strap it to the rack and head back to the hostel. I arrive back at the hostal after being gone for over an hour and a slightly worried brother and hostal mates. With the bad news, So its decided to remove it, re mount it- ( the inner portion was at the very innermost portion of the rim,not the outer bevel as it needed to be) After a few more hours it was tried again, this time Kp set off and came back 20mins later with it set and ready to go.

Moto tire.jpg

The day came to a close, with many beers sitting around the bikes telling stories and tall tales alike. The next day, we got parts of the wiring re done, ( it was a massive mess of South American Mechanic messes) PeliRoja, and La Perla Negra were as prepped as we could get them. We started our packing, and a tiny bit of planing for the following day. Wandered down town to get a sim card, random moto parts, bolts, and a new tank bag. KP needed a hair cut, after a google search he found just the place, and we headed out. As he was getting his ears lowered, I wandered about enjoying the city life. So many things to look at, and be easily distracted by. Soo many pretty distractions, I saw a little ice cream place ( Lusitano Restaurant & Café. )

I made sure I had the Spanish I would be required to order, checked my app and was ready!
from my fb post November 6th
" The adorable girl I ordered from, ( I attempted it all in Spanish) waited until I was through, to giggle uncontrollably. And replied in perfect English hahaha. "

This was my first big blunder of the trip, looking back I am kicking myself. As she was really into me, as we chatted and she kept coming out to check on me and flirt. You see, this very night we were headed to a spanglish party at
California Cantina.
A great idea, where you speak Spanish for 20 mins, and English for 20 mins switching on and off through out the event. I had blown the perfect opportunity to invite her out with the group. From my post that night somewhere around 1am " My first ever spanglish party! My Spanish is sooo bad, it's ridiculous. Thank you to those with the patience as I * attempt to learn. Last night in Santiago. "

The next morning, we were slated to begin our journey in earnest-

45650850_10217877203751108_224431235424845824_o.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
November 7th post
"We made it, only an hour of riding today: a good thing. First camp in Chile. I was so glad to be out of the traffic of Santiago. "
Observatorio Turístico y Educativo Roan Jasé.

The first ride for me, with a fully loaded adv bike. We only had a short distance to go, for the first ride. We packed up and headed out, Well I made it about a block, starting from a stop light and going over the speed bump in the middle in the intersection i managed to kill it and fall over, in very slow motion. I was trapped under my bike, and the awesome people of Santiago just stooped and multiple persons jumped pout of their rigs to help me up it. The rest of the ride went well, I was nervous about the brand new tire in the rear, but I had zero comparisons to differentiate then a older tire. It was a nice, ride and beautiful weather. Had me wishing i had only left my outer armored shell layers on and not kept the rain and insulation layers in. We found a nice campsite, it was actually a awesome little observatory. Complete with telescopes, models of the solar system, and rocket experiments. We had plenty of day left to set up the hammocks, relax in the beautiful weather and wander up the road for some great empanyadas and some sort of homemade juice that was amazing! We settled in for a ( we thought) quiet night of sleeping.

About 9pm, a bus pulled up and a parcel of mid school students unloaded excited for an overnight field trip? Many games, and giggles,occurred, a few kids running into the lines of the hammocks. Playing games, tag and hide and seek around the moto's and even under our hammocks much to the amusement of the Kp and I. And the fun of game of gringo buritto- i think the point was to sneak up on the guys in the hammocks and peek inside prior to running back to the group and laughing.

image-2018-11-07-17-23-33-2.jpgIMG_20181107_1707031.jpgIMG_20181107_1927212.jpgIMG_20181107_2002357.jpgIMG_20181107_2003042.jpg

We had a trip to Cajón del Maipo for the following day. At Bout midnight, the kids were all corralled back onto the bus after the presentation, and all was quiet again. I went to sleep thinking, " what a great school"

https://www.google.com/search?q=Caj...po&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
November 8th post:

"
So far today, road to this. Also, my 7th time ever on a moto lets check off the firsts.

Ride on Gravel
Ride through water, over road way ( pavement and gravel)
Ride in mountains ( pavement and gravel)
Ride on road with surprise parts missing.
Ride through hills

And I'm still not dead! "

45711704_10217892970065256_4476337017516457984_o.jpg47348735_10217289613169629_9089095338953801728_o.jpg

We rode to and through Cajon del Maipo

https://www.google.com/search?q=Caj...VJIqwKHSBcCV8Q_AUICSgA&biw=1435&bih=738&dpr=1

checking out the El Yeso Dam,

https://www.google.com/search?q=El+...UOP6wKHcWwA7QQ_AUICSgA&biw=1435&bih=738&dpr=1

We awoke packed up the hammocks and hit the road after paying the camping fee. The ride started twisting up the canyon, with the muddy water flowing heavily next to us with lots of construction going on in the river bed itself. The road started out paved, and in pretty good shape. We continued to climb, I remember riding up the switchbacks and wondering why most corners that were paved, had a 10ft section where it was paved with brick, seemed odd. Just starting to get comfortable with the pavement, switchbacks, and traffic I came around one corner and to my surprise there was a nice waterfall and river running across the road. It was in the dead center of the blind corner, knowing I would be unable to stop in time with my skill. And that plenty of other traffic and my brother had made it through, i just rolled off the throttle and pointed Peliroja through the middle of it. She carried me through with out hesitation.

We continued up the road, dodging the big mining trucks, and tour buses. The road of course narrowing, and turning to gravel. Views begging to get your attention if not for the lack of guard rails, traffic, and steep drop offs. We motored on, reaching the climb that was the top of the dam, water level lower than expected. We stopped on the top, grabbed a few snacks and soaked in the view. The place was loaded with tourists and kids taking profile selfies, each person trying to frame out the ever closing neighbors. We scrambled down to where we should not of been, to free ourselves from the crowds-and enjoy our snacks and juice in peace. We knew the road continued on, if we could squeeze past the buses and dump trucks. We climbed back on, pressuring further away from the tourists the snow topped mountains and deep valleys calling to us. After a few close calls we found the empty wash boarded gravel road and followed it, the simplicity of following to road and knowing we were getting further away from others. We no longer passed people, or vehicles. The selfie stick tourists long behind.

At one point, i came around a corner to see a plank bridge with no sides and holes in the deck. right after it water and mud flowing down the road- unsure what to do I picked a line and stuck to it- The mud grabbing my tire and heavy bike, pulling it down- i rolled onto the throttle as she spun and lept forward the water soaking my legs. Giving everything i had to keep her forward and upright- water deep enough it was over my pegs. She carried me forward, successfully. We continued down the road a few more klicks until we felt the valley cool, and knowing we had a long ride back. Kp is confident on gravel, I am painfully slow as i work my way through and learn on the go. For the trip back, I lead with kp following, this time i picked a different line thought a little more confident and gave her throttle she pushed through the red sticky mire- not letting off the throttle i crested the small hill and hit the bridge- sticking to the 14inch gap in the middle.

I picked up speed and confidence as we headed back. One corner comes to mind, blind corner on gravel, starting around it when I meet a bus- I knew if i stopped I would go over the edge. Stick to it, and focus I squeaked by the bus, my brother saying " holy ********, that was close" in the intercom. The trip back went faster, took some riding pictures,as my confidence grew- we hit pavement and off I went. We decided to camp at the same observatory that night- after all it was nice, and had great hammock spots. Not to mention the friendly dogs, and we even had access to a hot shower! Just our luck, they even had another tour group- however this time the kids were older- much of the previous nights activities occurred again.
IMG_20181108_1904021.jpgIMG_20181109_0838431.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
From my post November 9th
" Long ( rough) day, freeway and wind( even though it was only a little) suck. And a fair amount of time on rough gravel, and steep gravel, and a few more water crossings. Rode to seite tazas, today. 8th day ever riding. Posting with 3G from my hammock. "

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rad...k.&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This ended up being a rough day for all, ride wise I think we were only about 4 hours total. But we covered a lot, and had some rough moments. Leaving camp we headed back into Santiago as we needed to start heading South. Fueled up in the same spot and headed out of town, we skirted the main part of the city and found a great little paved two lane with lots of switchbacks and fun motorcycle corners. Kp was ahead of me, having a great time and dragging pegs. I was following at my own slower pace. I though I was doing great, enjoying the corners and curves. The very last one, after about 15 previous downhill switchbacks- I rode around a steep tight turn, had about 100 meters mile straight over a bridge followed by a tight left had, I cleared the first up shifted to make up ground. As i came into the sharp left hand turn, I downshifted failing to match my ground speed, as the rear tire chirped. A good rider would of grabbed the clutch and laid off the throttle. I well, I am new so i tensed up increasing the grip on my right hand, opening her up to 3/4 throttle and eating the guard rail at about 30mph. I was able to turn a little, enough so i hit the rail at an angle and not head on. Allowing me to drag the side a little before bouncing off and laying poor Peliroja down on me as we slid to a halt. We had a rule, all gear all the time. So I am in armored pants, jacket and a full faced enclosed helmet, wearing my USMC Danner Rat boots.

I am unable to wiggle out from the bike, and am flopping around like a dead fish as I hit the kill switch. I am so glad my bike has full crash bars. And slightly worried about the big truck I know is behind me. I was lucky enough to do this right in front of a group of guys who were waiting for the bus. They came over and helped me out from under and to get her stood back up. I am out of coms reach, however a bicyclist whom we passed earlier passed me and was able to catch up to my brother who was waiting on the flat ground 1/2 mile ahead. Kp headed back as he checked out the Moto and I checked out myself. Nothing borken, just some good bruises and major road rash on my shin. ( the armor is awesome, the peg was able to fillet my shin through my moto pants though). And some on my elbow. My right shin has just finished healing, and its over a month since i did it. Good scars, Good stories and Good Lessons.

We still had at least 3 hours of riding to go. We were able to hot the free way and make up some ground, lots of peaje's along the roads in Chile. Even the moto;s pay the toll unlike in Columbia. We stopped at a fruit stand along the road and had some fresh melons. Stopped put the kick stand down, and got off heading toward my brothers bike behind me. After about 1/2 hour we hear a crash, and Peliroja is taking a nap.......must not of gotten her pulled over all the way or the gravel settled, still dont know. We still had to get to the seven cups waterfalls, and were running out of time. My brother was having some stomach issues, and we had a pretty long stretch of freeway to cover, unfortunately his GI issues got the best of him along this stretch of road.

After some clean up at a rest station we continued on. Eventually finding some gravel, and heading to the park. We met other riders on the gravel who were way better riders then I and passed us w/o hesitation. This was a pretty drive, the blue of the river- the steep canyons the gravel turned to dirt. The dirt track wound its way up the mountains and back down again, the most technical riding I had done as of yet. The KLR's growling their way up and down anything they were pointed at. We reached the end of the canyon excited for the camping down there, as they had great hammock gazebos. Unfortunately for us, they were still closed. My arms and legs shaking we started the climb back up the trail/road. Slowly churning my way up up the sharp corners. The bikes whining and clawing up. At the top, we stopped at the first water falls you see in the pictures. Something along the translated lines of " girlfriend falls". After a short rest, some chocolate and water I got back on and continued forward. KP hung back, and took more pictures as he could easily catch up to me. The road got better, as it found gravel again and some construction for us to wait at, always construction. No one ever knows what hand signals they are using, some just want the moto's to go through anyway as they are smaller, its always a bit of a guess. We made it to Siete Tazas, ( seven Cups) we were so late- we did not have to pay an entry fee, and as always a bus of kids on a field trip. It was just the kids and us which was nice. A great board walk, just like a national park in the states. If you are brave and a good swimmer you are able to swim in them( although, cold, deep and strong, with no way to get out of you cant swim back to the platform). They were pretty, and worth seeing the walkways were nice, easy " hike" with stairs and facilities.

After some pictures and soaking in the moment we headed back to the bikes and buss. The moto's get a lot of attention, one of the teachers came over and asked a few questions in English, and asked if we would answer some questions from the kids. We of course said we would ( MY Spanish is...well I still have a lot to work on. Kp;s is pretty good being on the road for three years). The kids came over and asked some questions in English, they had them written out and were supposed to be practicing it. However that was lost, as they would ask in English and KP would answer in Spanish to the dismay of their teacher. Again, what a great school system. We took a group photo for them and continued down the road for that nights camp. Being one of only a few people camping, at an inflated rate as it was the off season and everywhere else was closed. It was a nice camp ground though with bathrooms and a sink in every spot..

IMG_20181109_1725309.jpgIMG_20181109_1728448.jpgIMG_20181109_1751462.jpg
IMG_20181109_1754076.jpgIMG_20181109_1755541.jpgIMG_20181109_1757437.jpgIMG_20181109_1758138.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Jack- Well Social Media, much like many things can be as good or bad as you let it be. There are plenty on the page that have real life advice, and extensive experience, and less who are keyboard warriors. ( the Pawley brothers Kp, Jordan, Alex, The Calders( who have a chevy like ours down there) and many more,etc will be a great resource) it can also be good if you just want to keep your family up to date. The majority of people you meet on the road will tell you the social media had made it possible to connect and meet up with others on the road, and has been a mostly positive thing. I saw an article on your truck a few days ago, and was going to share it into the group- but did not want to step on toes.

I agree. Just was hesitant to start down that road, so to speak. I have requested to join, but have not gotten approved as of yet. Been a few days; not sure what I need to do. I am finding that I’m in better contact with my family and had no idea they were so involved.

I’m hoping that it will be beneficial for information and meet ups.

I appreciate it and feel free to share; it’s all good. ?

Jack

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I agree. Just was hesitant to start down that road, so to speak. I have requested to join, but have not gotten approved as of yet. Been a few days; not sure what I need to do. I am finding that I’m in better contact with my family and had no idea they were so involved.

I’m hoping that it will be beneficial for information and meet ups.

I appreciate it and feel free to share; it’s all good. ?

Jack

Jack, I find its a great way for others to stay current/updated on things when we all live apart, etc. Ok, I shared it yesterday i believe it was. After a quiet and chilly night we started off the next morning, Peliroja however had a dead battery, so after striping all the gear off both bikes we proceed to jump start and wait. I set off down the road early, as Kp wanted to take some pictures and lets face it, he was going to easily catch up with me.

I dont remember exactly when we noticed it. Both bikes came to us, used abused, and with high mileage. So checking fluids every day, bearings, etc. My bike was going through about 1 quart of oil for every tank of fuel......sweet. So now we keep extra oil, with our other spare parts, and tools. Mine had 27k miles, and was ridden from California to Santiago before I purchased it.

Another heavy day on the freeway once we returned to the pavement. The ride out was good, my confidence was building again, mixed gravel, soft, packed dirt, construction and pavement.

My post from that day :
Jordan Pawley added 2 new photos — in Los Ángeles, Chile.
November 10 ·

Nothing exciting today: left 7 cups national park this morning, got groceries: ate at a great little burger joint. Hit the freeways for 3 hours of riding through rain, and hail. And stopped for the night in Los Angeles Chile. For a recharge and shower.. I included a pic of the really cute mut from the observatory we camped at a few nights back. "

Well he was not a street dog, they are common and actually one of my favorite features of Latin America. And i was missing my own pup from home.

* note worthy- the burger place was not even technically open yet- as in she had just finished building and was still stocking food. But opened just for us, so we could test it out. Playing 90-2000's grunge rock, and her curious son we let play with out moto gear. The people were so friendly, the grocery parking lot attendant found prime spots to park our moto's and watched them as we stocked up. ( for a small fee, but well worth it)

45965113_10217912140264499_4558023168022806528_o.jpg

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
the days update :
Jordan Pawley is with KP Pawley at Chili Kiwi Hostel.
November 11 · Pucón, Chile ·

Rode from LosAngeles Chile today to Pucon Chile. Easy, nice weather freeway ride. The last 10mins or so, started dumping rain/hail/snow and we were soaked. Drying out and warming up now. We will base camp here, or close for a few days. "

The ride that day was beautiful! Just a fun, pretty ride, weather was nice. Until the end, and it just started dumping- we were in summer gear. Our jackets and pants are 3 season, however its a layered system. Outer shell is mesh and armor, inner zip in rain liner, followed by inner insulated layer. We knew we were close, and did not want to stop to take everything off and relayer, re pack etc. So pushed through, Pucon is beautiful and was my favorite place to that date. We stayed at Chile Kiwi Hostel- one of my first experiences with a Hostel- little did we know we would be well acquainted by the end. And one of my favorite hostals still to date. Pucon is some where I would spend some serious time if i could. Adventure sports meca. We stayed for a few days.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Jordan Pawley added 11 new photos — with KP Pawley at Chili Kiwi Hostel.
November 12 · Pucón, Chile ·

Relaxing day, worked on the bikes. Went to an awesome secret lunch spot in town. ( seriously, it has a special knock) took a nap on the beach, made some and said bye to some new friends. Also, volcano. And a bee big enough you could walk it.
The staff here was friendly, spoke English well. The Hostal had agreements with a lot of places in town that got discounts, from restaurants, skydiving, kayaking, whitewater, volcano mountaineering, para sailing, etc. Seriously a good place, great showers, instant tankless water heaters. This was well set up for the amount of people staying, multiples kitchens, ect.

We made some great friends here, we were going to boogie board down the rapids, but the weather took a turn. The black, sand on the lake from the volcano. Also the hostal had its own bar with a tree house.....
46028652_10217928242347041_2704271955439124480_o.jpg46043944_10217928238426943_6976883212224036864_o.jpg46066462_10217928235586872_1766142074542882816_o.jpg46067699_10217928240506995_1403022617098584064_o.jpg46108102_10217928236266889_1875185264054239232_o.jpg46110195_10217928243547071_5305883416430903296_o.jpg46124027_10217928245707125_1875094180682792960_o.jpg46168802_10217928241667024_7798007450853965824_o.jpg46272877_10217928234826853_2916244512940490752_o.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=puc...rome..69i57.2272j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
"
Jordan Pawley added 10 new photos — with KP Pawley in San Martín de los Andes.
November 13 ·

We were super late getting out of Pucon, today. Had a great burger. That little bird, and it's friends landed on our table when we were eating. No fear, or shame, I'm pretty sure they would eat of your plate if allowed. I really liked this town. And we decided, let's Cross into Argentina as well, so we did- we did not realize how close the border was. Beautiful ride in, with the volcano in our mirrors the entire time. And you guessed it a mix of highway and gravel, and the famous Patagonia wind! The border crossing went well, and was even peaceful. "

Pucon had a lot of fat, healthy, street dogs always a good sign. We weren't super motivated to skip town, hung out until late. Food, adventure,and pretty girls....... hard to stay focused. haha Had my first border crossing with a vehicle and my TIP and Poder, went well, smooth and yet another beautiful border checkpoint. I was about to learn about the roads in Agrentina, also the great food, and everything was way cheaper. Also things like, hard to get cash out of the ATM;s with american cards, only one bank will allow it. And your max withdraw is 2000 pesos, something like $30usd. And that yummy looking plate is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milanesa

46087531_10217935762495040_8259877092720640000_o.jpg46093445_10217935767655169_4396576554251976704_o.jpg46098177_10217935766455139_5131815959656398848_o.jpg46107803_10217935779175457_5019478895301230592_o.jpg46132893_10217935782215533_6640526211397189632_o.jpg46137501_10217935758734946_7045931945447915520_o.jpg46183035_10217935759934976_5447595200937459712_o.jpg46195110_10217935755094855_47209412934238208_o.jpg46204138_10217935757214908_8614576902436290560_o.jpg46257203_10217935770975252_8701929192842854400_o.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=san...rome..69i57.8135j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

We were starting to enter Patagonia, and were clueless to all the surprises that lay ahead.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
"
Jordan Pawley added 8 new photos — with KP Pawley at Camping Petunia.
November 15 · Bariloche, Argentina ·

Little late on the update: Rode through beautiful 7 lakes region yesterday, and mountain passes. It also happened to be rainy, sleet, windy, and rather cold for the majority of the ride. Met with a group of friends last night, at an American country themed bar. Late night, the burgers were actually the size of my face. We also stopped 1/2 through the ride at a fancy restaurant where they were nice enough to let to soaked, cold riders dry out and soak up soup, pizza and coffee. "

We had entered Patagonia, this had the potential to be the start of the most beautiful and plentiful scenery we would or had seen up to date. It was wet, rainy, dark, foggy, our masks continuously fogged up. In fact we had no idea what we had been riding by, like a massive ass glacier( we never saw it). We were ridding aggressive just to hammer down some miles, pavement, mountains, hard packed gravel, through tiny towns, I remember hitting some wet gravel hard and just flying through it, on one of the roads where it quickly hit mud- and I just hammered it rolling into the throttle and flying/plowing fish tailing through the muck feeling it sucking the moto toward the ground. I hit the end, I could tell it was a stop sign and no one was coming, its good thing as stopping was not an option.

We found ourselves under dressed at our lunch spot, The wait staff was all wearing three piece suits, and skirts- with the patrons wearing the same or nicer. We entered in full moto gear, soaked, and dripping, smelling like fuel,mud, oil, etc

Much to the amusement of the cute waitress and patrons, we seemed to bring a smile to the entire place. They had great warm rolls, wifi, it was heaven. Not to mention feeling what warm was again, On our way out we met some nice LDS missionaries in need of some friendly English. Although, they are usually the best Spanish speakers, these two were no exception.

It was awesome to meet some other travelers, and catch up. We stayed late into the night, luckily our Hostel was walking distance. We planned on staying in the hammocks again at Camping Petunia, lots of trees- but non that would actually work, or we would have to rent multiple sites. It was a beautiful old facility and we had hit it in the off season, renting a private room so we could spread out and dry our gear.

43850198_10217945612221277_1215191684220977152_n.jpg46216825_10217945579820467_4916374331300249600_o.jpg46294165_10217945630421732_7493512716452102144_o.jpg46386075_10217945597700914_7532882207753371648_o.jpg46400350_10217945601541010_5857360837894733824_o.jpg46420865_10217945583660563_6552778603610767360_o.jpg46420868_10217945595380856_4163989811587186688_o.jpg46470553_10217945587540660_1155776644246405120_o.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bar...rome..69i57.4647j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
" Jordan Pawley added 10 new photos — with KP Pawley at Hostal Las Natalias.
November 17 · Futaleufú, Chile ·

A few days late, after my last update we were leaving town,headed further south. On the outskirts of town we pulled into a gravel lot where I managed to dump my bike onto my right ankle. The cars behind me were nice enough to stop, and help me get things set up right. I knew I had done something, as kp checked the bike I went to work doing a range of motion, and exam on my foot and ankle. - figured just a small sprain. I had swelling, and was unable to move it laterally, twist, or put much weight on it w/o 6/10 pain. Flexion and extension were good, CMS, good. I soaked it in a nice cold stream. We continued on, more beautiful roads, windy Patagonia weather. We stopped along the way, as my ankle was getting worse. It was hurting more, and not allowing much weight. Rested for a few mins, talked to some nice police officers who stopped to talk to the crazy gringos. ( I was laying next to the road with my boot removed, and leg resting on my helmet). That night we camped somewhere along the route 40, in Argentina. After some camp tuna melts, I immediately burritod myself into my hammock and bed roll. Woke up, my bike needed Jumpstart. We needed more fuel and oil. Spent some time in Esquel Argentina, getting fuel, oil, and finding a place where I could get an x-ray, I was thinking I may of fractured it- and wanted imaging. Took some time but we found a great private clinic with everything we needed. They did a wonderful job. Just a level 1-2 sprain, some strong anti-inflammatory's, and I'll brace that ankle for 15 days and follow up with a orthopedic. We started out of town, got 20km down the road to the next town, and headed back. Kp had forgotten his wallet at the clinic, and the adorable girl at the clinic looked him up and messaged him using social media and the name on his credit card. We eventually made it out of Argentina, and into Chile, staying here in Futalefu Chile for the night. Found a hostal, and some pizza. The border went smoothly, however we did have to eat some salami contraband. "

Got an x ray and consult for 1600 pesos, or wait for it.......$50/usd, including the antinflammatory, only took an hour and was cash. Thank you private clinic, ! We had about 30 miles of deep gravel road to get to the border and station, it took a long time, just seemed to drag on. Border crossing was nice and easy, except this time they had us open our panniers and look at and in our bikes. Another common site, friendly street chickens. Everything was closed so we rode around in the back of a truck with some beer, and found a pizza place that was open. The hostal is well known for kayaking. It being spring all the rivers were in flood stage just gorged and mad with all the run off.

40569823_10217960321268994_6611745322014081024_n.jpg46379428_10217960324549076_5697843879915552768_o - Copy.jpg46392857_10217960316308870_1052058453972877312_o.jpg46416844_10217960323749056_4932190711576526848_o - Copy.jpg46424108_10217960315588852_7923337542898810880_o - Copy.jpg46429799_10217960315148841_2022132304456974336_o.jpg46437323_10217960322109015_2844419199323865088_o - Copy.jpg47351313_10217290741197829_4406255048305147904_o.jpg47384019_10217290715597189_7413110181346672640_o - Copy.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...xK_fAhXSi60KHdruCCQQBQgrKAA&biw=1920&bih=1014

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...20i263j0i131j0i67j0i10j0i22i10i30.ki3vHSexEOk

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
We stayed here for two days, ran some whitewater, I got to practice my Eskimo Roll with a kayak, and found out i no longer have it. A bit if a diapointment but also good to know. Also meeting some more cool people.

46428278_10217967424366567_854411686872875008_o.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Jordan Pawley added 5 new photos — with KP Pawley in Lago Verde, Chile.
November 18 ·

Wet,Cold, Rainy....... We stopped in a town to eat, but the entire town was attending a soccer game. Luckily they had a food truck, and Kp made a new friend. Crashing here for the night, looks like lots of rain and wet in the future days to come. "

We met some more friendly street dogs, we were wet and soaked again- Made this kids day though, he took turns " ridding" each ones, and included his own sound track. Hitting every button and switch he could find, the locals seemed to get a kick out of it. Another day where we rode 1 tank of fuel South, about three hours, Longer with the foul weather though.

46446964_10217974628706671_1969153741126893568_o.jpg46452201_10217974634466815_3323785210809548800_o.jpg46485744_10217974637786898_4014379414719561728_o.jpg

Attachments

• 46501278_10217974630266710_7005367667259342848_o.jpg
    46501278_10217974630266710_7005367667259342848_o.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles