Yetti’s Pacific North West Exploration & Expeditions Picture heavy

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well, where my 5er is at right now, I have a 50amp power hook up. Was unable to get internet out that far though. I know my brother has built multiple systems for them in his shop, and uses his with an inverter and big battery bank. He also converted a few for 12volt. It does use power, the Gen-3 that I just got has a label of 195 Watts. I am assuming that’s its max, when the dish is heated for snow melt.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I just looked at those this morning. I didn't realize the monthly fee would be so expensive.
Initial set up/equipment is expensive. I am $120/month for it.
I don’t have Sat, or cable TV. Figured the cost of home internet with those combined is probably close to that. Its I think 150/ for the mobile service.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
The company I ordered a flatmount for has info on the 12v conversion.

"Our Gen 3 12V power supply plugs directly into the Gen 3 Starlink Router. This eliminates the wasted idle draw of powering it through a large inverter (30-50 watts waste for a 3000W inverter!).

Simply unplug the 110V Starlink power supply and plug in our 280W power supply and connect it to a 12V OR 24V power source. Our converter boosts this to the 56V that the Gen 3 router and dish need.

After testing numerous power supplies we finally had one manufactured overseas. To eliminate any concern about ripple voltage (and subsequent drop outs and/or reduced speeds), we install a capacitor as well as the appropriate barrel connector that works seamlessly with the Starlink Gen 3 router.

Power Consumption tested over 1 hour with constant upload/download internet: 63 Wh (4.5A at 13.8V). "

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I got a bit distracted. I will see what i can do about getting the kits out, and doing a write up.

I did get the moto out today. Twas a beautiful day, she fired right up and ran like a dream. Just outside the garage.
745493cd0647de8629c6a19a4852b846.jpg

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk
Awesome! Can't wait to get mine out. Still waiting for it to warm up here a bit and for the street sweepers to clear the loose gravel from the roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles