YETI Interior Build/Overview

pratty85

Adventurer
Hey all! I have been thinking about doing a build thread for awhile, and have a place to show my van's progress from the time Chris at UJOR purchased it till now.

When Chris first received V3:
V3 when Chris got it.jpg
When I first received V3
Finished!.jpg
Baja rack installed:
DSC01819.jpg

Trail Ready Front Bumper, fender flares, Highlift mounted, 2003 van grill, and 4" TB Exhaust installed:
DSCF0694.jpg

I am currently working on the interior of the van. I chose to do a Dynamat Extreme Kit from Quiet Ride solutions, for insulation, and sound deadening. They were very helpful and easy to work with and made sure I have enough material to cover the entire inside of the van.

For the vans walls and ceiling I chose to purchase an Adrian Steel Poly Liner Kit.
I covered the floor in 5 layers of Duplicolor Kevlar bed liner. I will be putting the Dynamat over that followed by plywood and an Adrian Steel Rubber floor mat.

For the Doors I chose to buy and install aluminum panels to replace the factory cardboard door panels. http://plumbingvans.com/cargo_vans/door_panels.php So I would have a solid mounting surface. I used fiberglass insulation inside the hollow cavities of the doors.

I have a custom van sofa bed ordered that should be here in a few weeks 68" wide and 48" tall when folded down. I will update with pictures as I install each item.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited:

pratty85

Adventurer
Rear panels installed using pop-rivets so the panels can be taken off if needed.
DSCF0707.jpg

DSCF0708.jpg

DSCF0709.jpg

DSCF0710.jpg

Side panels installed the same way.
DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0715.jpg

DSCF0716.jpg

The side doors will also have upper panels but I am waiting to see how much excess insulation I have left over from the Dynamat kit to put behind the upper ones.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting! Finally.... j/k! I think for many of us, your van is on top of the list of favorite builds that have come out of UJOR. It's the raw simplicity that does it for me. That, and an awesome roof rack!

I look forward to seeing the interior come together. I like the aluminum door panels. Did you put Dynamat on the outer door skins? It really makes the doors close with a thud rather than that hollow bong.

pratty85

Adventurer
Your welcome, and thanks for the compliments! Chris did do a great overhaul on this thing! The roof rack has proved to be very helpful, and an enjoyable porch sometimes :elkgrin: I am going for a very simple, functional interior as well. I haven't put any Dynamat on the outer door skins yet, I am making sure I have enough for everywhere else. I packed the cargo doors with fiberglass insulation for now, it seemed to make a big difference.

Last edited:

pratty85

Adventurer
I thought I would give some details on the bumper. It wasn't my first choice, I had been holding out for Chris to put his design into production. I just happened to run into this bumper on Craigslist and it fit. And as soon as I get this thing mounted and start liking it, Chris put his into production......just my luck! But I am not complaining because this bumper was brand new and I paid a small fraction of what any other E350 bumper would cost. I have grown to like the look and I like how it protects those pretty UJOR spring hangers.
DSCF0727.jpg

desertspeed

Adventurer
Do those aluminum panels come predrilled for the rivet holes, or did you drill them? I want to use one of the ones with the storage compartments for the rear door, but I want to use Dzus tabs and not rivets

pratty85

Adventurer
The panels come with holes cut in them. The kit comes with Rivnuts, and they work quite well, as far as being able to remove the panel when you need access to the inside of the door. I have never used Dzus tabs, but I am sure you could call them up and they might be willing to do something different. Their staff is pretty helpful, one of the panels wasn't cut right, so they made me a new one, and sent it out right away. The kit also came with the Rivnut installation tool.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Is that bumper made for an E350 or is it for an F350? If it was made for the pickup, what year range is it made for? Looks great!

pratty85

Adventurer
Its for an E350: http://www.trailready.com/bumpers/ford_econoline.html

I couldn't believe I actually found one on CL. The guy I bought it from works for a company that builds armored vehicles for our Gov, but also foreign gov'ts. He said they build up anything from a hilux to e350's. They had a guy that was going to up-armor his van, so they ordered the parts, but he never came through.

desertspeed

Adventurer
The panels come with holes cut in them. The kit comes with Rivnuts, and they work quite well, as far as being able to remove the panel when you need access to the inside of the door. I have never used Dzus tabs, but I am sure you could call them up and they might be willing to do something different. Their staff is pretty helpful, one of the panels wasn't cut right, so they made me a new one, and sent it out right away. The kit also came with the Rivnut installation tool.

Rivnuts would work fine as well- I just want to be able to pull off the panel without drilling out rivets. On their website it looks like they use rivets, but maybe the pictures are too small to see the detail. Thanks

pratty85

Adventurer
I was concerned as well about having to drill out rivets to get inside the door, bc their pictures showed rivets. I had to request the rivnuts.

desertspeed

Adventurer
I was concerned as well about having to drill out rivets to get inside the door, bc their pictures showed rivets. I had to request the rivnuts.

Good to know- I need to replace the rear passenger door panel on mine anyways, so I will just use one of those with the storage and request it with the rivnuts. Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior