Yeti Chair

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Ok. I take back everything bad I’ve ever said about the Yeti chair, and those who have them. Was camping/rafting with a pal this past week who brought a Yeti chair he had been given as a gift. It was, by far, the most coveted item in camp. Sturdy as hell. Super comfortable and just a rock. The welds were perfect, materials top tier, even the cup holder was bombproof. Will never talk ********** about Yeti chairs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
I am sure it is a great chair but my $15 ozark wally world special gets me by just fine. I love Yeti products and own a bunch including a tundra 50 and about every cup and tumbler they make but a $300 chair I no can do. maybe I don't sit enough when camping to appreciate one tho.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Oh I definitely wouldn’t pay for one myself. I’m just sayin they are very nice! After having spinal fusion, a nice chair is a must. Now I need someone to buy me one.LOL

Last edited:

shade

Oh I definitely wouldn’t pay for one myself. I’m just sayin they are very nice! After having spinal fusion, a nice chair is a must. Now I need someone to buy me one.LOL

If you can attach "spinal fusion" to your name, $300 for a chair should be an easily justified cost for a gift. Time to start dropping hints. :)

https://expeditionportal.com/yeti-hondo-base-camp-chair-review/

I'm sure it's comfortable, but I don't want camp furniture I need to trailer.

I'll stick with a Frontrunner chair.
I think I have some living room furniture that weighs less. OUCH
Like someone said I am happy with my wally world chairs. I have had knee surgery and sometimes need to prop my leg up to ice it. Wife was very thoughtful and found me a chair with leg rest and even a fold over sun shade. Great for when we are at outdoor events with no shade.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
For camp I use the Coleman Camp chair. https://amzn.to/2LwKcVU Almost as cheap and compact as the wally-world ones but still one of the best chairs I've ever had for 1 major reason: They put a layer of insulation on the back and seat of the chair.
If you've ever been sitting in front of a campfire you probably know that feeling of your face and knees burning but your butt is freezing? I had a habit of putting a blanket on the back of the chair to stop this till I got the Coleman Chair. It's such a small feature that makes such a big difference!

As for overpriced chairs I just got a Trailform Chameleon chair/daypack, and I'm currently trying to review if it's worth the high price (so far yes).
It's a Daypack/Cooler/Camera-Bag/Helinox style chair, and it's STILL almost $100 less than the Yeti Chair.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
For the short term usage, 300$ is steep. But having spent several years on the road, I think some items are worth a bit extra for comfort and ease of use. The yeti doesn't meet that for me though.

I picked up this unit in Aus on a whim. It ended up being pretty good for my 170lbs. Sets up in about 90 seconds, packs small in 2.5 minutes. And is decently comfortable for lounging. I have used some of the inexpensive bigger multi-part fold up chairs. Many inevitability start breaking at the pivots, or having seam issues. Then they take up quite a bit of space.

1563584233599.png

shade

For the short term usage, 300$ is steep. But having spent several years on the road, I think some items are worth a bit extra for comfort and ease of use. The yeti doesn't meet that for me though.

I picked up this unit in Aus on a whim. It ended up being pretty good for my 170lbs. Sets up in about 90 seconds, packs small in 2.5 minutes. And is decently comfortable for lounging. I have used some of the inexpensive bigger multi-part fold up chairs. Many inevitability start breaking at the pivots, or having seam issues. Then they take up quite a bit of space.

View attachment 528159
I have a similar (same colour, even) Helinox Chair One I bought for paddling trips. It definitely pays to shop around.

1563586711150.png

For car camping, I carry a pair of Front Runner Expander Chairs. I couldn't find them on sale, but they're worth the price for their comfort & packed size/weight. The design makes it easy to sit up & eat at a table, and the seat doesn't cut into the back of my thighs like many chairs do.

I can lounge comfortably in my camper with the doors open, but I'm still looking for something more laid back. That might be a hammock hung from my awning, not a chair.

1563586880400.png

Correus

Adventurer
Swiss Link Military Surplus was running a sale of the British Army Issue "Fishing Chair".

I have a couple of identical chairs, can't recall the name right now. They are incredibly comfortable, lightweight and easy to store. They are definitely popular because Swiss Link, and others, that carry the chair sell out rather fast once they get them in stock.

gatorgrizz27

I’ve used the generic cheaper chairs for years, one finally broke at a BBQ competition and hadn’t seen a ton of use. I bought a pair of these as replacements and have been very impressed. If you’ve got room for them, they are world’s better than the cheapies, much more comfortable, and look like they will last. Plus they’re only $50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier