Yeti Brand Storage Anything. Poor Quality Outrageously Priced

Status
Not open for further replies.

OllieChristopher

Just as the thread title states. It all started when I was looking for a small and medium camp box solution. I went to REI and saw these Yeti boxes with broken plastic latches called the "load out". 250 bucks!! Yikes!! And the "demo" floor model was already broken and beat up? The 300.00 small (12 can) soft cooler had a broken zipper and the plastic buckles that hold the strap were broken.

I started looking around at their other products and was floored at the pricing vs quality. Standard 5 gallon bucket 40.00, tiny lunch bag 80.00, 300.00 small duffle bags, etc etc.

I can totally understand that a person that can afford expensive high quality products laying out the cash. I know the Pelican brand that is of a much higher quality for about the same price. OTOH, why would someone pay out good money on overpriced products that can't even hold up to use in the store? I am not impressed at all with the Yeti brand. Honestly the quality is no better than what you can get at Walmart for a fraction of the cost.

In the end I happened to be at Home Depot and saw these really nice looking Ridgid tool totes that are stackable. I got a medium and small one for less than 75 bucks total. They are not a "brand name" but have steel buckles/rubber coated steel connecting straps and look to be acceptable for my application. The demo models were scratched and chipped to hell and had been dropped who knows how many times from a shelf higher than my truck bed. They still functioned perfectly. FWIW The Milwaukee brand were in the same shelf as the rigid and some of them were not functioning. Broken hinges and latches on a few of them.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Just as the thread title states. It all started when I was looking for a small and medium camp box solution. I went to REI and saw these Yeti boxes with broken plastic latches called the "load out". 250 bucks!! Yikes!! And the "demo" floor model was already broken and beat up? The 300.00 small (12 can) soft cooler had a broken zipper and the plastic buckles that hold the strap were broken.

I started looking around at their other products and was floored at the pricing vs quality. Standard 5 gallon bucket 40.00, tiny lunch bag 80.00, 300.00 small duffle bags, etc etc.

I can totally understand that a person that can afford expensive high quality products laying out the cash. I know the Pelican brand that is of a much higher quality for about the same price. OTOH, why would someone pay out good money on overpriced products that can't even hold up to use in the store? I am not impressed at all with the Yeti brand. Honestly the quality is no better than what you can get at Walmart for a fraction of the cost.

In the end I happened to be at Home Depot and saw these really nice looking Ridgid tool totes that are stackable. I got a medium and small one for less than 75 bucks total. They are not a "brand name" but have steel buckles/rubber coated steel connecting straps and look to be acceptable for my application. The demo models were scratched and chipped to hell and had been dropped who knows how many times from a shelf higher than my truck bed. They still functioned perfectly. FWIW The Milwaukee brand were in the same shelf as the rigid and some of them were not functioning. Broken hinges and latches on a few of them.
Reminds me of Patagonia's sweat shop produced,overpriced junk. "Oh but we give to environmental causes." You do but how about investigating the working conditions of the fabricators?

4000lbsOfGoat

My " 300.00 small (12 can) soft" Yeti cooler has been used hard on many, many outings over the course of 2+ years and there is not a single thing wrong with it. It is bombproof and holds ice for days.

Don't go with what you see in a store (who knows how that display model has been treated). Every Yeti product I own (which is quite a few) has stood up to real-world use with ease. Yes, their products are expensive but a $300 Yeti is going to outlast anything else out there. Buy once, cry once.

m-l_johnny

I’m using the Ridgid tool boxes and they’re fantastic. I like how they lock together making them easier to secure from moving in the back of the Jeep. Also like the seal on them, which gives me piece of mind that bugs and critters aren’t going to find their way in while being stored in the garage.

D

Deleted member 9101

I’m using the Ridgid tool boxes and they’re fantastic. I like how they lock together making them easier to secure from moving in the back of the Jeep. Also like the seal on them, which gives me piece of mind that bugs and critters aren’t going to find their way in while being stored in the garage.
I use them in the back of my truck and I love them!

OllieChristopher

My " 300.00 small (12 can) soft" Yeti cooler has been used hard on many, many outings over the course of 2+ years and there is not a single thing wrong with it. It is bombproof and holds ice for days.

Don't go with what you see in a store (who knows how that display model has been treated). Every Yeti product I own (which is quite a few) has stood up to real-world use with ease. Yes, their products are expensive but a $300 Yeti is going to outlast anything else out there. Buy once, cry once.

I do not agree at all. The way a store model is treated is going to be less severe than in the field when it's dropped in the rocks or a plastic buckle breaking due to UV exposure. I looked vey closely to the quality and Yeti is no better than any other comparable products at 1/4 the cost.

That being said If you like yours and it's worth it to you then cool deal. Obviously they are selling or REI and Lowes would not have them for sell.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader

hahhahaha!

in one post you claimed:

rigid is better than Milwaukee
rigid is better than yeti
yeti is overpriced
Walmart goods are better than yeti
the yeti bucket is equal to a standard 5 gallon bucket
the rigid demos had survived several drops higher than your truck bed

best part, all without owning any of it for any portion of time

hahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahah

pith helmet

My brother in law is a land surveyor and has has a Yeti 20 qt or so strapped to the back of an ATV for at least 12 years. The ATV with cooler stays on the back of his work truck in the Mississippi UV death ray 24/7 this whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94