Yet another 3rd Gen Montero "Build", also story time!

coffeegoat

Adventurer
Thanks @SONICMASD - I figured it out and apparently forgot to come back and fix the question. Rumor has it you can swap them back and forth but I can't easily verify it without buying a potentially useless part...

chosen

Observer
That lake was pretty lovely to see... I have a 2004 Pajero 3.2td (Australian version of Montero) and as the ride is so nice, especially around corners, I have been a bit scared on changing the suspension set up to gain the clearance. After your extra driving time with your setup, has it settled at all? How's the body roll now on corners? Great technical info on the work you are doing, thanks for sharing!

eyehate

Thanks @SONICMASD - I figured it out and apparently forgot to come back and fix the question. Rumor has it you can swap them back and forth but I can't easily verify it without buying a potentially useless part...

I wouldnt swap them out as who knows if the pressure difference would cause problems down the road.

eyehate

That lake was pretty lovely to see... I have a 2004 Pajero 3.2td (Australian version of Montero) and as the ride is so nice, especially around corners, I have been a bit scared on changing the suspension set up to gain the clearance. After your extra driving time with your setup, has it settled at all? How's the body roll now on corners? Great technical info on the work you are doing, thanks for sharing!

It did settle and lower about 3mm. For me (my shocks were blown), the new setup made the ride better in every way except noise. They do squeak quite a bit more. Otherwise handling was improved on and off road for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles