Yet another 109 build Thread

Oilburner

Adventurer
Hey,

How's the front suspension working out? Are you happy with the sprung under 88 inch springs? Do you have a Series to compare to and is the approach angle still OK?

Great truck!

JL

Michele

Observer
And I would renew my question :D

Hi there,

I may have missed it,
but how do the sliders bolt to the chassis?

I haven't looked at mine yet, but would like to sketch something while it's still on jacks and without most of the body.

Thanks,
Michele

aka rover

Adventurer
Hey,

How's the front suspension working out? Are you happy with the sprung under 88 inch springs? Do you have a Series to compare to and is the approach angle still OK?

Great truck! JL

The 88" rears where to soft on the front with the weight of the diesel and winch, so I had National spring add another main leaf and a few other leafs to the pack to firm things up. The approach angle hasn't been an issue yet but then again it hasn't seen any real hardcore trail duty as of yet. I do have a couple other series trucks to compare it to and even with the extra leafs it still rides better than a stock sprung series, well it even rides better than a series with parabolics.
All and all im very pleased with the ride and comfort of the longer springs up front.

Ed

Oilburner

Adventurer
Great, thanks. My old truck was sprung over and it made a huge difference but I think I will try this setup with military spring hangers - like a 1 tonne but with longer springs.

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
What an awesome build, makes me want to buy a series truck.
Oh I have one already.......OK, several.....
Its still running strong. How about an update Ed?
Would you still build it the same way?

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles