Yes a Transit can handle cross axle fun

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have not finished the interior of my SEMA build Transit but I wanted to get out for some day trip learning so I understand how it handles off road.
Quadvan does a great job on the conversion, the front diff is a Raptor 8.8 unit and the stock Ford 9.75 rear is plenty strong.
Eaton TruTracs front and rear seem to work well and the Ecoboost puts out plenty of torque at a decently low rpm for off road use.
Watch me lift a few tires in the air...
All questions welcome.

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
I'm surprised how capable that thing is. Looks like the TruTracs help a lot. Kudos, pretty tough setup you have going here.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I'm surprised how capable that thing is. Looks like the TruTracs help a lot. Kudos, pretty tough setup you have going here.

I have been really happy with the van, the Ecoboost is such a great motor with the powerband where it is and the fun of the turbos.

trutracs are awesome LS diffs...you just need to know to give them some brake bias when you are peg-legging..

It is something new to learn after years of air lockers....but that is just an excuse to go out and play more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior