Yamah XT660z Tenere

jkam

nomadic man
Yamaha is bring back a Tenere.
Available in Europe now, hopefully in the future they will bring it to the US.
I want one and would go to Europe to get it if I have to.

desktop2008xtz660redwhitebl.jpg

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I almost bought a Super Tenere in '98 when I lived in France. I opted for a Honda Africa Twin instead.

That particular Tenere looks awesome. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Then again, if Honda updated the Africa Twin and imported that to the states I'd trade a kidney for it.

This is considerably nicer than mine but similarView attachment 10581

If you're into bikes, you really do need to visit France. They get all the fun bikes.

Last edited:
I don't know about the Tenere, but I've always been told the TransAlp was such a sales failure in the US (1989-90) that Honda figured Americans didn't like those kind of bikes. Unfortunately they don't realize our tastes and interests change--heck, there was a time when "Made in Japan," meant junk--we certainly got over that.

There are so many cool vehicles we don't get--I'll bet the Japanese motorcycle companies figure Americans only want cruisers and ATVs (sadly that would make them right most of the time).

cpg

Adventurer
jkam said:
Yamaha is bring back a Tenere.
Available in Europe now, hopefully in the future they will bring it to the US.
I want one and would go to Europe to get it if I have to.

desktop2008xtz660redwhitebl.jpg

Nice bike !!

805gregg

Adventurer
Very cool what does it weigh? Even if they sold them in the US, we probable couldn't get them in CA.

86cj

Explorer
My last bike was a 1985 XT600, I bought it new and sold it about 10 years ago. I had a lot of fun riding with mostly dirt bikes back then. Although I did a good amount of street at times.
I lowered gearing a bunch and gave my buddys RM400 and YZ490 fits. I have had an urge to get a bike again at times and end up dreaming of a KTM. The XT660 in the US could be the motivation to ride again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles