Yakima Mega Warrior roof rack

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I emailed ARB about their rack and they said they don't make one to fit on a topper.
Good news is that you get to customize it yourself. This is not my truck, but it is an ARB rack mounted directly to the shell. The ladder on the passenger side is tied to the rack and to the nerf steps, because this one is a big truck.photo 3.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 1a.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Awesome! I think you forgot to post some pics though.
OK, this is my truck, with the current rack and tank arrangement. Tracks are 60" Yak mounted through the SnugTop shell with extra and extra long stainless cap screws and stainless fender washers underneath. Towers are a discontinued Yak model (three pair rather than the normal two) that I got to raise the crossbars so that I could slide aluminum sand ladders under the rack. Don't usually carry those anymore because the MaxTrax work so well in the desert. MaxTrax are a stack of four mounted sideways so that they are readily accessible by just standing on the tailgate, locked to the rack with a chain and padlock. Padlock tucks into the MaxTrax handhold so no rattling. Basket is an old 4'x5' ConFerr, but it's heavy. Held to crossbars with Yak locking gizmos and galvanized conduit clamps around the bars to keep everything secure. Crossbars are the Yak HD heavy wall bars cut to 66". Water tank on right is 6" PVC resting on the crossbars and held to the basket with fabbed aluminum brackets and giant stainless u-bolts. Tank is about 8' long, 13 gallons, with fill plug at top and boiler drain at low point so that I can attach a bidet hose for washing and showering. Awning on left is EZ-Awn Bat 270 bolted to the basket. Will install a Renogy 100W solar panel in front of the basket, sideways between the awning and tank.IMG_3559.JPGIMG_3558.JPGIMG_3557.JPG

Last edited:

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Those my friend are some awesome set ups!
Thanks for sharing.
I'm still researching. Probably should just buy something and start.
Now leaning towards the Defender and Wilderness. May have to look at ARB one more time after your pics though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94