Yaesu VX-7R programming question.

Lono

Adventurer
Hi all,

I need to program my VX-7R with a PL on the Transmit side but CSQ on the Receive side and am not sure if I'm getting it correct. (on 2-meter) Yes, I've RTFM…

If anyone has any insight into the specific steps to ensure the proper programming I would greatly appreciate a moment of your time.

Thanks!

Steve

Expedition Leader
Great little radio, but it's been so long since I programmed mine that I wouldn't remember without RTFM. Sorry I can't be more help. Those Yaesu manuals are not the easiest to read either.

Lono

Adventurer
Great little radio, but it's been so long since I programmed mine that I wouldn't remember without RTFM. Sorry I can't be more help. Those Yaesu manuals are not the easiest to read either.

Exactly why I was hoping to get some input here. I don't use this radio often, but have to use it for something tomorrow and this is the setup… Thanks anyway!

Frdmskr

Adventurer
Use the ADMS system. Yes you can hand program it, however, it's much easier to use the software to do it. More flexibility. Get the cable and adapter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lono

Adventurer
Use the ADMS system. Yes you can hand program it, however, it's much easier to use the software to do it. More flexibility. Get the cable and adapter as well.

Thanks, but as I noted, I need this for tomorrow, so that will not work in this situation.

Frdmskr

Adventurer
My question would be have you tested what you did? If yes, what did not work?

Without the book in front of me try this cheat:

Create two simplex channels. Put one for the VSQ and one for the PL. then set the vfos up to transmit using PL and RX with CSQ. Test that option.

KI4LTX

Most of my programming issues with this same setup (I have used VX Commander with two VX-7Rs for many years) were solved by the following sequence:

1. Connect radio.
2. Bring up radio into the program reading mode using the specified key sequence.
3. Read the radio.
4. Save the file; do NOT close VX Commander.
5. Turn radio off.
6. Turn Radio on into programming mode using the specified sequence.
7. Open the file you want to program the radio with file, and send the file to the radio.

I believe that sometimes VX Commander loses the setup settings of a given radio, (this definitely happens with band edge settings) and has difficulty until you re-read the radio. The symptom is exactly as you described, putting the radio back to factory fresh settings after a reset.

Hope this helps!

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste